Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if the government was run by scientists?
What if the government was run by scientists?
Just imagine if the government was run by scientists, with the same accuracy that could eventually put a man on the mars. From what I understand, the scientific method has principles which are ethical principles, which have lead to results that push the boundaries of mankind. It's not that we just don't have that capability. Just imagine what precision and how far we could push the progress of humanity, if we had people who used the scientific method to run the government.
RE: What if the government was run by scientists?
We do have a peer review process for government. What we were told to assume to be our peers gave us trump.
Manhattan Project
(February 19, 2017 at 9:40 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: We do have a peer review process for government.  What we were told to assume to be our peers gave us trump.
It's not run by scientists.
(February 19, 2017 at 9:50 am)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Manhattan Project

Lazy cheap shot, Chad.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(February 19, 2017 at 9:59 am)Alex K Wrote:

Lazy cheap shot, Chad.

Only meant to show that science is morally neutral. The same technology that could light cities can level them too.
Bad idea. Scientists, with very few exceptions, make lousy politicos.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 19, 2017 at 10:11 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Bad idea.  Scientists, with very few exceptions, make lousy politicos.

Boru
I can see why I blocked you. You say things like this with nothing to convince me of this. You expect me to just take "scientists make bad politicians" without any reason. You're a pseud.

I'm so sure the people who built the bomb weren't working for the government. This statement is retarded.
Ethics are in the scientists, not the method.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 19, 2017 at 10:23 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Ethics are in the scientists, not the method.
Self scrutiny, peer review, clarity of language, accuracy. These are ethical principles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do scientists say about existence? Mariosep 186 50023 July 20, 2017 at 10:59 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Government Has No Incentive To Prevent Crime Koolay 22 4734 September 12, 2013 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: sarcasticgeographer
  No one Believes in Government Koolay 25 5267 August 5, 2013 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Government as a Religion Koolay 75 14435 July 22, 2013 at 8:30 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Government is Irrational. Koolay 196 36880 July 10, 2013 at 8:51 am
Last Post: genkaus
  Are we all just part of a computer simulation? Scientists are trying to find that out. TaraJo 40 14945 December 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: Whateverist