Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Is What We Lose When Breitbart Takes Over the NSC
This Is What We Lose When Breitbart Takes Over the NSC
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...d284aa6351

Quote:I didn’t think I’d ever leave the CIA. But because of Trump, I quit.

Quote:The public outcry led the administration to reverse course and name the CIA director an NSC principal, but the White House’s inclination was clear. It has little need for intelligence professionals who, in speaking truth to power, might challenge the so-called “America First” orthodoxy that sees Russia as an ally and Australia as a punching bag. That’s why the president’s trusted White House advisers, not career professionals, reportedly have final say over what intelligence reaches his desk.

FUBAR.
RE: This Is What We Lose When Breitbart Takes Over the NSC
I seem to recall that he just wants pictures and charts, anyway. Maybe his handlers are simpler than we previously thought?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
They probably just hand him pictures of things with "good" and "bad" stamped on them...

Putin "Good"

Australia "Bad"
Dying to live, living to die.
(February 20, 2017 at 9:35 pm)Fireball Wrote: I seem to recall that he just wants pictures and charts, anyway. Maybe his handlers are simpler than we previously thought?

Trump can barely read so that makes sense.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
Chasing away talent is a sure sign of shitty management.

(February 23, 2017 at 10:46 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Chasing away talent is a sure sign of shitty management.

The fact that republican can retain control of both chambers of congress meant this country really doesn't deserve better and have no right to complaint when things get much worse.
(February 23, 2017 at 10:54 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(February 23, 2017 at 10:46 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Chasing away talent is a sure sign of shitty management.

The fact that republican can retain control of both chambers of congress meant this country really doesn't deserve better and have no right to complaint when things get much worse.

I'm unsure why you quoted me in making your point, which has nothing to do with mine.

Looks causally related to me.

Chasing away talent -> poor quality government is your assertion.

His assertion is that the GOP's control has led to many things, amongst them is chasing away talent, and that it's the fault of the country for doing so.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(February 24, 2017 at 1:42 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Chasing away talent -> poor quality government is your assertion.

No. My point is that a talented manager attracts talent to surround them. And the corollary is that is talented folks are leaving, the manager may wish to re-examine his or her approach to leadership.

Now, it can be argued that the quality of governance thereafter falls, and oftentimes it does. But bureaucracies have a way of evening out these things.

And, I'm not so sure that leadership separates upon partisan lines.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It takes two. Brian37 4 436 April 29, 2021 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Mark Cuban, "spend it or lose it" idea. Brian37 29 2005 May 19, 2020 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3833 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Craigslist takes personals section offline. rskovride 9 581 March 24, 2018 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  Steve Bannon out at Breitbart. c172 10 1109 January 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Bannon Will Have To Work On Breitbart's Math Skills Minimalist 7 1426 August 20, 2017 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Milo Yiannopoulos resigns from Breitbart News c172 235 33512 March 3, 2017 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  trump puts head of Breitbart on national security council Anomalocaris 20 3413 January 31, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Belfast bakers lose "gay cake" discrimination appeal Cyberman 72 6530 October 25, 2016 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  School District God Buggerers Lose Another Case Minimalist 0 690 June 17, 2016 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist