Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star wars and pop culture?
Star wars and pop culture?
A guy made a good point on the radio this morning...
Within the first 10 minutes of Rogue One, he heard someone say:
And what part of {insert snarky comment} don't you understand?

That put him (movie viewer) off a bit as it is meant to be set in a galaxy far far away?
He was worried that later on in the movie that Darth Vader would tell someone to "speak to the hand! Lol!

I don't really remember much pop culture in the first 3 original Star Wars movies though...
I know it's just escapism but please Hollywood, have some respect for the congruency of the Star Wars universe...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Star wars and pop culture?
OK, I'm not to proud to say I'm lost.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I re edited it. It didn't make much sense to me either when I read it back....
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(March 8, 2017 at 9:54 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I re edited it. It didn't make much sense to me either when I read it back....

Went right over my head.
Kind of like how the marvel movies and animated shows show stuff that originally took place in 60's and 70's comic books but is re-imagined in an entirely modern concept?
(March 8, 2017 at 9:08 pm)ignoramus Wrote: A guy made a good point on the radio this morning...
Within the first 10 minutes of Rogue One, he heard someone say:
And what part of {insert snarky comment} don't you understand?

That put him (movie viewer) off a bit as it is meant to be set in a galaxy far far away?
He was worried that later on in the movie that Darth Vader would tell someone to "speak to the hand!  Lol!

I don't really remember much pop culture in the first 3 original Star Wars movies though...
I know it's just escapism but please Hollywood, have some respect for the congruency of the Star Wars universe...

Welcome to Disney's control of Star Wars.

It's only going to get worse. Angry
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Then again I was 15 when I saw the first original! Now I'm 54 and I still think I'm the market audience....!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Personally I was more interested that the ship from Rebels was in two scenes and they're adding a lot of easter eggs into the movies.

Too busy enjoying the movie to worry about irrelevencies...
Dying to live, living to die.
They also speak English even though it's a Galaxy far, far away. (And lots of other things related to where and when we live, so we can relate to the movie.)

Are people really upset because they use modern jargon? And how is this a bad Disney thing?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
I forgot to add...

Tongue
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Culture Ahriman 61 3858 August 21, 2023 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 426 May 5, 2022 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Happy Star Wars Day onlinebiker 7 822 May 4, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Super Heroes, Star Wars and Star Trek is the worst entertainment made in US history Sanau 18 1731 March 30, 2020 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Wink Star Wars plot holes? Wash your mouth out! ignoramus 3 521 May 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Have a Stellar Star Wars Day onlinebiker 44 2203 May 5, 2019 at 11:02 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Star Trek Discovery Season 2 is Good Mechaghostman2 28 3373 March 25, 2019 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  10 things you didn’t know about Star Wars robvalue 3 850 March 20, 2019 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Star Wars fan film: Darth Vader: Episode 1 Shards ofthe Past Cepheus Ace 5 519 December 23, 2018 at 3:14 am
Last Post: Maketakunai