Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culture
Culture
What form of culture do you have where you live? Is it important to you at all? Here in South Carolina we just have hurricanes and tourists. I know that's not really culture but that's all we got. Oh we have turtles too. Lots of turtles. And old people.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
RE: Culture
(July 5, 2023 at 2:31 pm)Ahriman Wrote: What form of culture do you have where you live? Is it important to you at all? Here in South Carolina we just have hurricanes and tourists. I know that's not really culture but that's all we got. Oh we have turtles too. Lots of turtles. And old people.

There may be some bread mold in the pantry. I’d have to check.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've mentioned elsewhere that I slept in 72 countries during 20 years in the USN. I enjoyed seeing lifestyles that didn't revolve around soap operas and baseball. I got stoned in Olduvai Gorge and chased giant ant eaters in the Pampas. Flavors of all kinds can be found if you look.
(July 5, 2023 at 2:31 pm)Ahriman Wrote: What form of culture do you have where you live? Is it important to you at all? Here in South Carolina we just have hurricanes and tourists. I know that's not really culture but that's all we got. Oh we have turtles too. Lots of turtles. And old people.

When did you move from VA to SC?

I can attest to the fact that culture is difficult to find in SC.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

A heady mix of appalachian rebellion and pre victorian imperialism. Is it important to me....? Yes. As a native son, I want to fully and forever break both bonds and see us come to our rightful place in the american landscape as the primary engine of financial, food and military security. Fortress Appalachia. The natives gave us a run for our money here with sticks and stones - imagine what we could do with better. I grew up floribbean, but I was only ever visiting. I hope I can always go back to visit, I have similar thoughts on that culture.

If you think you only have turtles in sc..... then you've been terrifyingly miseducated...and that might explain why you have no values to speak of whatsoever.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 5, 2023 at 3:25 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

When did you move from VA to SC?

I can attest to the fact that culture is difficult to find in SC.

Several months ago. My family stayed in Virginia. I prefer the climate here.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
Northward drift. You're seeking your level state. Or, more accurately, your parents are trying to provide you with it. At this rate, I'll have to move my family to fucking Barrow.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
New Zealand culture consists mainly of going to the beach and

We’re a simple people.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

I have yogurt in the fridge
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Russian criminal culture purplepurpose 0 218 December 10, 2018 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Mass culture is dull Interaktive 15 1581 April 24, 2018 at 10:46 am
Last Post: c172
  East Asians don't integrate into Western culture Alexmahone 38 3442 March 16, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  White Culture Under Attack chimp3 54 10227 September 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Star wars and pop culture? ignoramus 25 2755 March 9, 2017 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  The Kewt Way to Fight Rape Culture thesummerqueen 12 3787 December 15, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Culture Assignment festive1 20 4871 November 15, 2012 at 11:07 am
Last Post: festive1
  Censorship, rape culture and free-speech Autumnlicious 29 11146 March 20, 2011 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Violet