Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:52 am

Poll: Choices of full operation systems
This poll is closed.
Windows
52.63%
20 52.63%
Any type of Mac OS
10.53%
4 10.53%
Any type of Linux
31.58%
12 31.58%
Other
5.26%
2 5.26%
Total 38 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operating systems Wars!
Operating systems Wars!
I've not seen a thread posted like this on here yet, let's begin the battle and see who comes out on top. Round one is going to be desktops, laptops with a full operation system. If you post a choice that is dependent on apps, it does not count. I will start first, my OS's of choice is Windows and Linux. They perform better over all and they don't cost a lot of money (Unlike Macs), which are way over priced and under powered. The lack of options is something that is concerning. I'll give Apple credit, they do make a nice looking product, but the OS is the major problem with them.

I meant to say Choices, it won't let me correct the typo. Does anyone know how to correct that?
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: Operating systems Wars! The poll has typo in it.
Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Operating systems Wars! The poll has typo in it.
Thank you for fixing it, that was annoying the hell out of me.

RE: Operating systems Wars!
Windows. While it's not perfect, it's the right balance of complexity, opportunities, and cost for me.
(March 11, 2017 at 1:56 am)Jesster Wrote: Windows. While it's not perfect, it's the right balance of complexity, opportunities, and cost for me.

Another for Windows, woot.

Almost exclusively Linux, I feel like I'm partially disabled whenever I have to use win... I have dual boot on everything for ms office and drm type stuff
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Windows is like computing through porridge. So slow.

I use Linux for work, Windows for pleasure (games) and a man for opening jars.

Agree about being partially disabled when working on Windows. So many things I'd like to do but can't.
And patronizing and unprofessional. I can'd do shit in Windows without something popping up or it deciding to spontaneously restart while I'm in the middle of something. I would never use it on stage for instance. With Linux, when it's running, it's running, and does what it is supposed to do, one month nonstop if necessary. Not to mention that I write almost everything in LaTeX, and that's just no fun under Windows.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

The best operating system is the one that works for the individual user. For most people that's the one that they can deal with.
Windows, Linux, Android, and BSD, depending on the task requirements. I'd prefer to not use Windows at all but some software I need / want to use requires it, as does work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Writing scripts for UNIX-like operating systems FlatAssembler 49 4558 April 1, 2023 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Goosebump
  License for operating social media Fake Messiah 2 742 December 16, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  TempleOS: a Christian Operating System Rev. Rye 5 1272 December 23, 2018 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Getting Tired of the Browser Wars Rhondazvous 4 712 December 7, 2017 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Using SSDs for dual boot systems emjay 9 1395 November 8, 2016 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: emjay