Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Tired of the Browser Wars
Getting Tired of the Browser Wars
Google decided it doesn't like Firefox and won't let me use Gmail or upload books to Google Play on that browser. When I go to Gmail, it tells me to clear my cache and enable cookies, which doesn't solve the problem but just makes me have to reset all my passwords.

So I had to use Chrome to upload my books. I don't like Chrome because it ignores the high contrast black background display I use to help me see the screen better. Yet google swears that it's dedicated to accessibility.

I want my book on Google Play and Google Books. I was able to work with it, though it was difficult. But hey, I'm not going to stop just because something is difficult. Life is difficult but I'm still breathing.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Getting Tired of the Browser Wars
gmail is working fine on my firefox.

I don't upload books to google play.... why would I?...
There are far better e-readers than google play books. I'm now using Cool Reader, but have used FBReader and find their customization capabilities to be just awesome!
(December 7, 2017 at 10:05 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: Google decided it doesn't like Firefox and won't let me use Gmail or upload books to Google Play on that browser. When I go to Gmail, it tells me to clear my cache and enable cookies, which doesn't solve the problem but just makes me have to reset all my passwords.

So I had to use Chrome to upload my books. I don't like Chrome because it ignores the high contrast  black background display I use to help me see the screen better. Yet google swears that it's dedicated to accessibility.

I want my book on Google Play and Google Books. I was able to work with it, though it was difficult. But hey, I'm not going to stop just because something is difficult.  Life is difficult but I'm still breathing.

I use Firefox with GMail all the time with no problems.
Sounds like you have cookies disabled on the browser.
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
My laptop purposely makes it so that Chrome uses 33% more battery than Internet Explorer.

I'll just keep it plugged in bitch
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
This is weird. My cookies on ff are enabled. Tomorrow I'll see if I need to upgrade ff or just reinstall the mf.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting an Entry-Level Job FlatAssembler 13 1663 August 20, 2019 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Tor browser FlatAssembler 67 5885 July 27, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2207 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Internet Browser paulpablo 14 1880 May 2, 2017 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Sal
  Operating systems Wars! Sterben 60 4725 March 14, 2017 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  Opera browser?? Oldandeasilyconfused 9 2130 October 7, 2011 at 12:42 am
Last Post: theVOID