Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WLB Will Be Really Pissed at Rachel Maddow
The WLB Will Be Really Pissed at Rachel Maddow
Someone leaked two pages of the WLB's 2005 1040 to a journalist.  That journalist, David Cay Johnson, is on her show right now explaining all the tax breaks the miserable fuck got just on those two pages.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics...-1.2998090

Quote:Rachel Maddow claims to have President Trump's tax returns

Quote: MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow said on Tuesday she has President Trump’s elusive tax returns from 2005. 
Maddow pledged to discuss Trump’s much-desired financial documents on “The Rachel Maddow Show” at 9 p.m. Tuesday following months of calls to have the filings released ahead of the November election.
The investigative journalist behind the findings, David Cay Johnston*, said he would be on Maddow’s show to “break a big story about Trump and his taxes.”

Yes, Rachel can be a pain in the ass, at times.  But at other times, she redeems the profession.

* Full disclosure.  I have met David Cay Johnson while he was working on a story for the NY Times.  I told him to his face that he should be commissioner of the IRS instead of the tax lawyer assholes they kept sticking us with.
RE: The WLB Will Be Really Pissed at Rachel Maddow
Shit, I had a 7 figure (paper) loss last year and still had to pay.

(farm land value is tanking in case anyone wants to wring hands with me)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's as clear as day that the Trump administration leaked these. The form doesn't tell you anything! We need to see the sources of income, among other things. This makes it look like Don was a good little boy and paid his fair share; case closed! But Maddow had to go and hype it up and make it seem like it was the smoking gun in some grand conspiracy. This makes the media look bad, if anything. This will be the last we see or hear about his returns. Way to go Rachel.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Um, As Johnson made clear during the discussion the only reason the WLB paid that much was because of the Alternative Minimum Tax.  Without that his tax bill would have been $5 million.

Guess what would be eliminated under the proposed tax revision plans being put out by the WLB.  Right.  The Alternative Minimum Tax.

Do the math.
(March 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Shit, I had a 7 figure (paper) loss last year and still had to pay.

If you have 7 figures to lose, you have my sympathy.

Sorry, that was a joke.
(March 14, 2017 at 9:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Um, As Johnson made clear during the discussion the only reason the WLB paid that much was because of the Alternative Minimum Tax.  Without that his tax bill would have been $5 million.

Guess what would be eliminated under the proposed tax revision plans being put out by the WLB.  Right.  The Alternative Minimum Tax.

Do the math.

A far cry from the Russian banking cartel conspiracy she was leading me on with. Trump and GOP policies help the rich. Oh god, who knew? Didn't need his returns to tell me that.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(March 14, 2017 at 10:00 pm)Aegon Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 9:57 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Um, As Johnson made clear during the discussion the only reason the WLB paid that much was because of the Alternative Minimum Tax.  Without that his tax bill would have been $5 million.

Do the math.

A far cry from the Russian banking cartel conspiracy she was leading me on with. Trump and GOP policies help the rich. Oh god, who knew? Didn't need his returns to tell me that.

I saw part of her show yesterday. I wonder how much is true? She sure had the names and dates lined up, though!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 14, 2017 at 10:00 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(March 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Shit, I had a 7 figure (paper) loss last year and still had to pay.

If you have 7 figures to lose, you have my sympathy.

Sorry, that was a joke.

ROI is under 2%, I could  sell out and do WAY better, when (if?) land prices come back
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 14, 2017 at 10:00 pm)Aegon Wrote:

Do the math.

The WLB inspires that kind of speculation.  Fuck him.  He could put all this to rest easily enough.  Besides, is he sucking the cocks of Russian oligarchs or not?
(March 14, 2017 at 9:54 pm)Aegon Wrote: It's as clear as day that the Trump administration leaked these. The form doesn't tell you anything! We need to see the sources of income, among other things. This makes it look like Don was a good little boy and paid his fair share; case closed! But Maddow had to go and hype it up and make it seem like it was the smoking gun in some grand conspiracy. This makes the media look bad, if anything. This will be the last we see or hear about his returns. Way to go Rachel.

It's interesting though that 86% of the tax he paid that year is one of the ones he wants scrapped, the one brought in in an attempt to make sure that the rich pay at least the same rate as ordinary people.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1149 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 868 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  No Wall? The WLB is Unhappy Minimalist 9 895 September 21, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  By Popular demand, a break from the WLB Brian37 5 631 August 14, 2018 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The WLB Criticized By A Republicunt Who Is Not Retiring? Minimalist 2 707 July 22, 2018 at 11:02 pm
  The WLB: Not An Accidental Cunt - A Deliberate Cunt Minimalist 61 5357 June 23, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Looks Like The WLB Got Hoodwinked Minimalist 53 6054 June 14, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The WLB Just Can't Help Himself Minimalist 6 1004 June 9, 2018 at 5:03 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  The WLB Wishes He Could Get Away With This Minimalist 1 499 May 30, 2018 at 1:26 pm
  Now We See How Willing The WLB Is To Suck Kim's Cock Minimalist 12 1159 May 16, 2018 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Angrboda