Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brexit timetable
brexit timetable
Article 50 to be triggered on March 29th.
EU summit scheduled for April 29th with negotiations to start after the French election.
They don't seem in a great hurry to resolve the issue of EU/UK expats. 
Very dissapointed with the pedantry of what should have been a formality.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
RE: brexit timetable
When is Scotland bailing out?
No timetable. Apparently no real plan either but that shouldn't surprise us at this point.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
If I had to put money on the line, I'd bet that the deal that gets negotiated will look a lot like what it looks like to be a member of the EU.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 22, 2017 at 1:08 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: If I had to put money on the line, I'd bet that the deal that gets negotiated will look a lot like what it looks like to be a member of the EU.

No, Theresa The H is Imperant May is running scared of the red tops, and is thus doing everything to ensure no deal is possible. Why else is she holding about 7% of the working population hostage, even though deporting them will kill the UK economy?
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Are the Brits missing half the picture ??

BREXIT is one side of the card, a competing organization to the EU, siphoning off other disgruntled members with complaints similar to their own would seem to be a no-brainer follow up, yet there doesn't seem to any thought of going there.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Are the Brits missing half the picture ??

BREXIT is one side of the card, a competing organization to the EU, siphoning off other disgruntled members with complaints similar to their own would seem to be a no-brainer follow up, yet there doesn't seem to any thought of going there.
Can we call it the FU?
(March 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Are the Brits missing half the picture ??

Speaking of missing half the picture would you please fix your avatar?  I could never think of you as just a gray square.
um . .

Can't get the rainy day window to work no matter what, and the longer I have the current one, the more I like it.

It is truly remarkable and stunning in it's ethereal austerity and simplicity.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Simplicity is for religitards.  And Trumpoids.  And Brexiteers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brexit LinuxGal 15 1280 December 28, 2022 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Most British voters support violence on brexit downbeatplumb 17 1442 October 30, 2019 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Brexit explained for 'Muricans. Whateverist 26 2349 July 8, 2016 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  UK Brexit, questions from an American Mechaghostman2 137 10148 June 28, 2016 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  I Didn't Want To Derail The Brexit Thread but Minimalist 8 1762 June 25, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger