Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yesterday at the gas station.
Yesterday at the gas station.
Yes I do call police.

So yesterday I was at a gas station to get a quart of oil because my engine warning was telling me it was low. About to leave and some lady is outside the drivers side of her pickup shouting at the guy, a passenger who I noticed was drinking beer. She was shouting "Get out, I am tired of you insulting me telling me how bad I am"..... I kept an eye on them while going inside to pay, told the cashier to call the police. Not because I wanted anyone arrested but because booze and anger can lead to bad things. The guy noticed I was watching, got out, walked around the side of the gas station with the beer drinking as he was on his cell phone with his sister. 

So the lady cashier called police for me, and it seemed forever for them to get there. The asshole came in while I was in line drunk off his ass bought another beer tried to start a fight with me by accusing me of "looking at his lady". No you stupid fuck I was watching to make sure neither of them would get physical. Funny thing was that a black guy with a similar sized white pick up, pulled up besides them just before police got there. Stupid cashier assumed I had called the police on him. 

But as the guy was in line I backed up to get away from him and bumped into the black guy. He got upset with me but after the drunk guy exited into the parking lot, I explained to the black guy the white guy was drunk and was watching them and had the cashier call the police. He understood at that point. 

Cops finally showed up, I left. Don't know what happened after that, but my bet is he'd probably get a drunk in public charge. Hopefully she wasn't drinking and driving herself, but I never saw her with a beer and she didn't sound drunk. 

I have absolutely no problem calling the police. I am all for privacy and lawyers and presumption of innocence, but when you are in public and your behavior is affecting others, nope, sorry. And the biggest reason was what she was saying to the guy. He didn't get out of the pick up right off the bat and when he finally did he paced around like he wanted to pick a fight with someone.
RE: Yesterday at the gas station.
Public intoxication charges can get people into 12 Steppers just like DUIs.

I'm not much of a fan of court ordered attendance, however.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 24, 2017 at 8:45 am)Brian37 Wrote: I have absolutely no problem calling the police. I am all for privacy and lawyers and presumption of innocence, but when you are in public and your behavior is affecting others, nope, sorry. And the biggest reason was what she was saying to the guy. He didn't get out of the pick up right off the bat and when he finally did he paced around like he wanted to pick a fight with someone.

"And then the cops came and killed everybody in the store, EXCEPT the drunk." Right?
(March 24, 2017 at 11:01 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(March 24, 2017 at 8:45 am)Brian37 Wrote: I have absolutely no problem calling the police. I am all for privacy and lawyers and presumption of innocence, but when you are in public and your behavior is affecting others, nope, sorry. And the biggest reason was what she was saying to the guy. He didn't get out of the pick up right off the bat and when he finally did he paced around like he wanted to pick a fight with someone.

"And then the cops came and killed everybody in the store, EXCEPT the drunk." Right?

I am just glad I suck around long enough to point out the right guy, would have hated to see them needlessly target the black guy the cashier falsely assumed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195453 Yesterday at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  If gas hits $10 per gallon, what will you do? Jehanne 28 857 October 6, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Got gas? onlinebiker 52 3553 April 30, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Screw turkey, I had this yesterday. YUM YUM Brian37 10 1178 November 26, 2017 at 1:30 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Gas Sation Blessing Haz Tasty Splashing Red Fruit Punch Gatorade Edwardo Piet 16 2507 January 10, 2016 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Charity place I was at yesterday. Brian37 3 1142 June 2, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dodged a Bullet Yesterday Minimalist 66 4712 March 30, 2015 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Raunchy Devil statue 'erected' outside SkyTrain station MJ the Skeptical 12 2270 September 17, 2014 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Cryptic London Tube Station Game Tiberius 0 2581 October 11, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Tiberius