Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:23 pm

Poll: Are you British?
This poll is closed.
Yes
32.26%
10 32.26%
No
67.74%
21 67.74%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick poll: Are you British?
Quick poll: Are you British?
Are you British?

RE: Quick poll: Are you British?
Yes why?
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

53.6% according to 23andMe, but that includes Irish. 98.7% European in general.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
No, I'm English.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(March 28, 2017 at 7:54 am)popeyespappy Wrote: 53.6% according to 23andMe, but that includes Irish. 98.7% European in general.
Was that expensive? Been thinking about trying to trace my 'birth grandparents' (my dad is adopted) and can't get the necessary details from him to trace via the usual agencies so looking at getting on a genetics database somehow.

And Hammy, yes I'm british (afaik), but can't vote on tapatalk.
In my heart I'm a bit British sometimes.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Waiting for a sibling to get 23and Me results.

To date, family genealogy implicates Irish, Scotts, English, Austria, France and Germany (we're mutts!) and I'm anticipating a 'surprise'. We found an ancestor with an interesting first name, and no further 'pedigree'. If my suspicion is true, it might explain my affinity for an old boyfriend and my tolerance for his contrary nature. LOL, maybe we're related . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I have the gardening bug and have been drinking PG tips long enough to qualify. Put me down as an expatriate several generations removed.
I took the question literally. As in, "Are you a Briton?"Actually most of my lineage I know about goes back to present day UK.
Is that Malcolm McDowell?
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 952 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1031 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  How Americans view the British Cod 81 6287 December 26, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Troll Poll on Atheism ignoramus 2 499 December 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1899 October 30, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 2871 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2225 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Quick Poll: Do you speak more than one language? Edwardo Piet 40 4179 April 27, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Another sex poll...4 or 9? John V 85 14670 April 19, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7120 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods