Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:07 am

Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets
This poll is closed.
Homeless Shelters
30.00%
3 30.00%
Schools
0%
0 0%
Low Cost Housing
20.00%
2 20.00%
Museums
0%
0 0%
Churches
0%
0 0%
Indoor Gun Ranges
0%
0 0%
Entertainment Venues
0%
0 0%
Fuck All Polls
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The decline of brick-and-mortar shops continues apace, and there seems no end to the decline.  Some disused shopping malls have been converted in to homeless shelters, which strikes me as a terrific idea.

What do you think would be the best public use of these vast, empty buildings?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets
Demolish them, cart the rubble away, plant trees.
House armies of Daleks. Seriously, most of them don't have a lot of stairs.
(October 30, 2018 at 11:46 am)Minimalist Wrote: Demolish them, cart the rubble away, plant trees.

Brilliant! 

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I think it is specific to the area and need. Sure some would make great homeless shelters, some would make great schools (since you already have areas sectioned off for classrooms and a large area for food/cafeteria), some could be converted to other retail idea, some are taking up space and could be made into a park...
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(October 30, 2018 at 11:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: The decline of brick-and-mortar shops continues apace, and there seems no end to the decline.  Some disused shopping malls have been converted in to homeless shelters, which strikes me as a terrific idea.

What do you think would be the best public use of these vast, empty buildings?

Boru

Uhm... Laser Tag?...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Gun ranges? Really? I am hoping that was simply humor on your part.
(October 30, 2018 at 12:05 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I think it is specific to the area and need. Sure some would make great homeless shelters, some would make great schools (since you already have areas sectioned off for classrooms and a large area for food/cafeteria), some could be converted to other retail idea, some are taking up space and could be made into a park...

Who has the money to renovate and maintain them?  Certainly not school districts.
(October 30, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Gun ranges? Really? I am hoping that was simply humor on your part.

Just wanted to give options for the less fortunate.  Smile

(funny that you didn't object to the inclusion of churches on the list)

Boru
(October 30, 2018 at 1:04 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 30, 2018 at 12:44 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Gun ranges? Really? I am hoping that was simply humor on your part.

Just wanted to give options for the less fortunate.  Smile

(funny that you didn't object to the inclusion of churches on the list)

Boru

Shit.... You got me......  Razz

Ok here is where I say....

"Burn all churches and melt all firearms and make them into a statue of Colin Kaepernick shitting on the American flag".  Gotta give the fundies the fallacious red meat they crave. I am a Stalin loving Commie after all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1026 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Troll Poll on Atheism ignoramus 2 497 December 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 2868 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2176 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Quick Poll: Do you speak more than one language? Edwardo Piet 40 4172 April 27, 2018 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Antares
  Another sex poll...4 or 9? John V 85 14606 April 19, 2018 at 4:25 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  A fantasy retail interaction Foxaèr 4 638 April 12, 2018 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  For the GUYS only here... A quick poll... Joods 102 7049 March 8, 2018 at 6:52 am
Last Post: Joods
  Not A Poll: Two People Are At A Picnic BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1712 January 10, 2018 at 10:08 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone? Edwardo Piet 11 1541 December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny