Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somali reporters walk out in protest at islamic take over
Somali reporters walk out in protest at islamic take over
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11398338

and apparently music is un-islamic. What do they do for fun?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Somali reporters walk out in protest at islamic take over
Throw rocks at people?

Although some have taken up flying.
"No music! It's not right! But death for apostasy!"

Good old loving, rational Islam.
(September 23, 2010 at 2:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Throw rocks at people?

That they only do to women guilty of having loved someone, fuck islam.

(September 23, 2010 at 2:07 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Although some have taken up flying.

ROFLOL
(September 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: and apparently music is un-islamic. What do they do for fun?
Stop others from having fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_nCxM9ofhI
Alas, the original chant in this particular soundtrack was "Allahu akbar" meaning "Allah is great", and even then, Muslims somehow managed to get fucking offended as fucking usual.

(September 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11398338

Eh it depends what kind of music doesnt it? Personally i'd love to see the new breed of starbucks endorsed rappers and flakey indie musicians lined up and decapitated... but that's just me. There are some who seem to like them and their two contrasting and all encompassing for the apparantly only two camps which include everybody on the planet with messages of "get dollars, get bitches" sampled to grandmaster flash or "woe is me i can't get dollars or get bitches" with the bass stolen from the beatles.

How about some Venetian Snares... or Jesper Kyd... bet that's still played out on Somalia FM

It's pretty pathetic for those western loving reporters to have refused to broadcast when the Islamics took over, if you recall the exact same thing happens with many nations who differ from the american endorsed path- the people are encouraged by external powers to "protest" by not working and before you know it the entire country is in ruins. So what if these supposed journalists don't happen to like the people in charge? I don't like the government in my country but it doesnt mean i'm not going to put food on the table and abandon my responsibilites because of it.

What a bunch of morons.

Tongue
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]
(September 24, 2010 at 7:15 am)Cerrone Wrote:
(September 23, 2010 at 1:33 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-11398338

Eh it depends what kind of music doesnt it? Personally i'd love to see the new breed of starbucks endorsed rappers and flakey indie musicians lined up and decapitated... but that's just me. There are some who seem to like them and their two contrasting and all encompassing for the apparantly only two camps which include everybody on the planet with messages of "get dollars, get bitches" sampled to grandmaster flash or "woe is me i can't get dollars or get bitches" with the bass stolen from the beatles.

How about some Venetian Snares... or Jesper Kyd... bet that's still played out on Somalia FM

It's pretty pathetic for those western loving reporters to have refused to broadcast when the Islamics took over, if you recall the exact same thing happens with many nations who differ from the american endorsed path- the people are encouraged by external powers to "protest" by not working and before you know it the entire country is in ruins. So what if these supposed journalists don't happen to like the people in charge? I don't like the government in my country but it doesnt mean i'm not going to put food on the table and abandon my responsibilites because of it.

What a bunch of morons.

Tongue

It seems you didn't check the article, the journalists refused to report biased news because any journalist that isn't impartial shouldn't call himself a journalist
(September 24, 2010 at 12:56 pm)Ashendant Wrote:
(September 24, 2010 at 7:15 am)Cerrone Wrote:

What a bunch of morons.

Tongue

It seems you didn't check the article, the journalists refused to report biased news because any journalist that isn't impartial shouldn't call himself a journalist

That's bullshit though; it's just a way of them saying that the Islamics are more corrupt than their previous regime- which they aren't.
(September 24, 2010 at 8:44 pm)Cerrone Wrote: That's bullshit though; it's just a way of them saying that the Islamics are more corrupt than their previous regime- which they aren't.

The Islamics leaders are trying to control the people through propaganda.

Its like if Fox was the only news channel and they tried to get john Stewart to say the news 'their way'.

They are standing up for their principles and you have a problem with that?

Corruption is not Somalias biggest problem it is the rule through fear that the muslims are at least a part of.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 25, 2010 at 9:28 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The Islamics leaders are trying to control the people through propaganda.

Its like if Fox was the only news channel and they tried to get john Stewart to say the news 'their way'.

They are standing up for their principles and you have a problem with that?

Corruption is not Somalias biggest problem it is the rule through fear that the muslims are at least a part of.

I happen to have friends from Somalia; an exploited and impoverished nation where european and american industrial companies paid the old government to dump nuclear YES NUCLEAR waste on their land as well as allowing violent crime and drug exports to flourish. To compare the "Islamists" very slim control of the media to propaganda on the scale of fox news is to display a total lack of your understanding of proportion; you may as well compare the holocaust to an ant infestiation in your kitchen.

Who is standing up for what principles exactly? A few middle class business owners and white collar workers whine because their american backed and technically still current (since the vassal states class them as terrorists refuse to recognise them as an authority) government employers are shown the door by a mass revolt and you consider that to be an issue worthy of your attention? The same thing usually happens in former puppet regimes, when a revolution takes place it's the people at the top, those white collar idiots, who make a fuss because they're no longer in control, the same thing is happening in Venezuela.

Obviously i'm of the opinion that any revolution is better than leaving the world existing as it is, whether it's Islamic or whatever, if this was 20 years ago it would've been Communist, and armchair critics would still be finding excuses to condemn it, and when you find yourself disliking the things that your government dislikes you'll find that that itself is the only propaganda in action here..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Islamic serial killer, murderer Anti.Enslave 8 133 April 23, 2024 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Anti.Enslave
  How do Islamic theologians study the Bible in countries where Hebrew is illegal? FlatAssembler 10 1010 August 12, 2023 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Rainbow Invite the people of the world to attack the Islamic religion Eclectic 9 1268 December 14, 2022 at 11:40 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How literally should we take the Qur'an ? momo666 69 12045 August 7, 2022 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why "Jihad" martyrdom is important in Islamic faith? AniKoferBo 13 1434 January 6, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The Islamic prophet's foreknowledge of the Terfeziaceae's health benefits R00tKiT 29 2712 July 4, 2021 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  When was Sunni Islamic hadiths first translated to English Sweden83 1 584 December 4, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Sudan ends 30 years of Islamic Law Foxaèr 34 6026 September 9, 2020 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Sal
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7851 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Females are less intelligent than men according to authentic Sunni islamic hadith Binki21 9 1333 November 22, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut