Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks.
It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks.
North Carolina throws jesus under a bus because of money.  Well....religion is first and foremost about money anyway!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/us/no...ss&emc=rss

Quote:North Carolina Governor Expected to Sign Repeal of Bathroom Law

Quote:Representative Bert Jones, a Republican, also opposed the compromise, noting his belief that God “created us male and female,” and said that it was not discriminatory for him to hold that belief.
“It troubles me today that we are doing this in this manner,” he said.
But in the end, more legislators appeared to believe that the state needed to do something to end the boycotts prompted by the existing law. Senator Dan Blue, a Democrat and the minority leader, said that the compromise “brings an end to an economic threat.”

Tough shit, jesus.  Money talks and bullshit walks.
RE: It Must Just Kill The Jesus Freaks.
The sweet taste of irony. NC is losing businesses and tourists because of this Stone Age behavior. Good to see that the right thing is being done, even if for the wrong reason. Money talks, Jesus doesn't exist, anyway.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Jesus just doesn't exist the same way Mammon does.

Praise Jesus Mammon !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Good to hear that economic pressure has resulted in better treatment of the trans community, at least in North Carolina.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
(March 30, 2017 at 3:10 pm)Fireball Wrote: The sweet taste of irony. NC is losing businesses and tourists because of this Stone Age behavior. Good to see that the right thing is being done, even if for the wrong reason. Money talks, Jesus doesn't exist, anyway.

But it's not a full repeal.  It's more for show.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(March 31, 2017 at 9:46 am)Harry Nevis Wrote:
(March 30, 2017 at 3:10 pm)Fireball Wrote: The sweet taste of irony. NC is losing businesses and tourists because of this Stone Age behavior. Good to see that the right thing is being done, even if for the wrong reason. Money talks, Jesus doesn't exist, anyway.

But it's not a full repeal.  It's more for show.

Fair enough. And all the bigotry will still be there, laws or no.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Makes it harder for other legislatures to enact measures similar to the original bill.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

So how will they know which bathroom jesus will be in?

Guess I'll just look for the guy on his knees.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
if Jesus sidled under the partition I'd do Him . . .

I wonders what powers Vorlie would gain if he blowed Jesus. Better yet, a sacred 69.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Jesus story has details that is most definitely made up i just realized!!! android17ak47 126 8945 October 12, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6122 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Australia church abuse: Priests 'must report' confessions zebo-the-fat 77 12719 August 16, 2017 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3637 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  God must be random Nihilist Virus 36 5441 April 27, 2016 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The Poor Fucking Jesus Freaks... Minimalist 102 12557 April 22, 2016 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Christianity must Implode Shining_Finger 60 19173 February 28, 2016 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 18190 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  Christian argued that everything must have a creator jcvamp 125 23380 December 17, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Nontheist
  The Jesus Freaks Will Hate This Minimalist 906 165462 April 28, 2015 at 3:03 am
Last Post: robvalue