Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity...
Thumbs Down 
Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity...
I've been saying islam is pathetically evil... because it says to convert or kill the nonbelievers... but little did I know... the holy bible has the same thing...
Proverbs 8:36 "But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you’re flirting with death.”

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...ersion=MSG

According to Phil Robertson... that means convert or kill the nonbelievers... 

Observe: https://youtu.be/NuJF4KJVftQ?t=2m36s

Fastforward to 2m 36s

Either phil robertson is mighty fucking insane... or his bible REALLY says convert or kill the nonbelievers, just like islam(Or both)... if that's true... boy, am I mighty fucking glad I'm an atheist...

I will admit, I never read the whole bible... it's too boring to get past the first couple of pages in genesis... so I am not familiar with ALL the lies and fear mongering that's in it.... I'm aware of some of it... but not all... I'm certainly aware of enough to decide Christianity is definitely not a religion I want any part in...
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity...
There is no difference if taken literally. I'm only a bit surprised, you're only noticing now.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity...
"Thous shalt not suffer a witch to live" covers all women not of the faith.

Thanks to Phil there, there's now a pogrom on the rest.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 26, 2015 at 8:34 pm)IanHulett Wrote: I've been saying islam is pathetically evil... because it says to convert or kill the nonbelievers... but little did I know... the holy bible has the same thing...
Proverbs 8:36 "But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you’re flirting with death.”

Fastforward to 2m 36s

Either phil robertson is mighty fucking insane... or his bible REALLY says convert or kill the nonbelievers, just like islam(Or both)... if that's true... boy, am I mighty fucking glad I'm an atheist...

I will admit, I never read the whole bible... it's too boring to get past the first couple of pages in genesis... so I am not familiar with ALL the lies and fear mongering that's in it.... I'm aware of some of it... but not all... I'm certainly aware of enough to decide Christianity is definitely not a religion I want any part in...

The Message version uses very colorful language.
(December 26, 2015 at 8:34 pm)IanHulett Wrote: I've been saying islam is pathetically evil... because it says to convert or kill the nonbelievers... but little did I know... the holy bible has the same thing...

Fastforward to 2m 36s

First of all, you're quoting JEWISH scripture (from a bastardized version of the bible no less), and since when did one convert to being a Jew? Either you're born one or you aren't.
(December 27, 2015 at 1:51 am)Huggy74 Wrote:

Fastforward to 2m 36s

First of all, you're quoting JEWISH scripture (from a bastardized version of the bible no less), and since when did one convert to being a Jew? Either you're born one or you aren't.

^christianity is no different from judiasm to be honest. Not to mention without the OT there would be no NT. 
The OT is the basis for the NT even if it is bastardized jewish scripture you still have to follow it. Because you
know god boy wasn't wanting people to be christians but jewish people who acknowledge that you know a person
lived and died for them.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Quote:and since when did one convert to being a Jew? Either you're born one or you aren't.

King Alexander Jannaeus forcibly converted Galilee in 101 BC.

Such is what happens when you waste your life reading the fucking bible instead of learning history.
Phil Robertson is fucking insane is the answer.

He gave a speech at an annual prayer breakfast(whatever that is), which made everyone just looked at him and just kind of stared embarrassed/confused, here's what he said;
"Two guys break into an atheist's home," Robertson began. "He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot 'em and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And they can look at him and say, 'Isn't it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?'

"Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'

"If it happened to them, they probably would say, 'Something about this just ain't right.'"

So I don't think you should judge his opinion on atheists as being representative of everyone's, given what he's previously said on the subject.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
(December 27, 2015 at 2:45 am)Heat Wrote: Phil Robertson is fucking insane is the answer.

He gave a speech at an annual prayer breakfast(whatever that is), which made everyone just looked at him and just kind of stared embarrassed/confused, here's what he said;
"Two guys break into an atheist's home," Robertson began. "He has a little atheist wife and two little atheist daughters. Two guys break into his home and tie him up in a chair and gag him. And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot 'em and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And they can look at him and say, 'Isn't it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?'

"Then you take a sharp knife and take his manhood and hold it in front of him and say, 'Wouldn't it be something if this was something wrong with this? But you’re the one who says there is no God, there’s no right, there’s no wrong, so we’re just having fun. We're sick in the head, have a nice day.'

"If it happened to them, they probably would say, 'Something about this just ain't right.'"

So I don't think you should judge his opinion on atheists as being representative of everyone's, given what he's previously said on the subject.

Even though that guy is bat shit crazy when he said that he brought up a valid point because
he did say at the end, "If it happened to them, they probably would say, 'Something about this just ain't right.'".
That only proves a point that Atheists know right from wrong without a god or bible etc telling them what is right or 
wrong. So the fact being in the end why people were confused he pretty much said to everyone you don't need god
to tell you what's right or wrong. 
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 27, 2015 at 1:51 am)Huggy74 Wrote: First of all, you're quoting JEWISH scripture (from a bastardized version of the bible no less), and since when did one convert to being a Jew? Either you're born one or you aren't.

ok... fine it's jewish scripture... how about some words from the holy gospels...

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

What happens to those who don't believe? Do we die? Do we go to hell? If so, sounds like god will either convert or kill nonbelievers... >_>

If that's the case, then how on earth is what I quoted a bastardization?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44043 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Christianity down, secularism up! Jehanne 37 3079 May 8, 2019 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3351 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2585 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1486 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep vorlon13 5 987 April 29, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 8531 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9767 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6143 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3536 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73