Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA playoffs to begin this coming weekend. My Warriors have Rip City in first round.
NBA playoffs to begin this coming weekend. My Warriors have Rip City in first round.
Damn!  D. Lillard thinks they'll win in six.  I sure was hoping to make it past the first round.  But seriously, what else can he say?  Realistically I think a golden state sweep is far more likely than that the Blazers win it.

Once they get their new center acclimated to their team, with a great back court Porland looks set to be back to the finals for years.  And with more weapons of a defensive nature perhaps they could win it all.

But not this year.  We bought this year's championship when we got KD.  And the organization has put together a very good supporting cast around the stars.
RE: NBA playoffs to begin this coming weekend. My Warriors have Rip City in first round.
I dunno.

That series will be fun as hell to watch.

What won't be fun is the Cavs losing in the first round. They are not that team this year.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: NBA playoffs to begin this coming weekend. My Warriors have Rip City in first round.
I wonder what is up with the Cavs. I don't think Kevin Love ever had the killer instinct needed and maybe Lebron is having a hard time staying motivated given his long duration on center stage. But they sure did bring in a lot of well thought of players. They remind me of the Clippers that way. For the warriors Steph, Draymond and Klay are all drafted and developed by the warriors. Igoudala, Durrant and the other better known players are hired guns. I don't know how much that matters. The Cavs have their starting point guard as their local product, anyone else?
Well, technically Lebron is a hometown guy.

They are just tired and half injured, I guess. I don't think there's a lack of motivation, I just think it might be a "too many stars" situation.

Maybe they'll step it up in the playoffs. Hope so.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Warriors are gonna lose, of course.

#ripcity
(April 13, 2017 at 2:31 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Warriors are gonna lose, of course.

#ripcity

I'm sure you're right, but probably not for a few more seasons yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two NFL records broken this weekend. Brian37 0 329 January 20, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone got news on college playoffs? Brian37 3 624 December 6, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The boys of summer. The MLB playoffs. Angrboda 1 251 October 2, 2018 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  NBA foul rules, clue me in...... Brian37 18 2546 January 5, 2018 at 5:53 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  2016 NBA Finals Discussion Thread SteelCurtain 21 2612 July 5, 2016 at 3:17 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Bisping knocks out Rockhold in 1st round popeyespappy 4 828 June 21, 2016 at 10:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  RIP Gordie Howe c172 4 756 June 11, 2016 at 9:04 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  The Road to Glendale: NFL Playoffs discussion Ryantology 255 29522 February 16, 2015 at 2:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  NFL playoffs thread Jackalope 27 4851 February 8, 2014 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Jackalope