Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The void
The void
There's a void: Empty Space.

When somebody walks, the empty space gets filled.
Take the string theory, which states that multiverses does move and mix; given the right conditions.

In order for a bubble to move, empty space must exist.
Void must be present for the first bubble to fill the way to the second.

Who created the void?
We can throw excuses to what brought the universe into existence; but how do we explain the vacuum?

A God must exist out of the design, to make it come into existence. Infinite universes can just explain the knowledge of that God with every possible scenario.
We get tested in this instance. This slice.
He knows our future, being out of the string.
RE: The void
No, it needn't.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 17, 2017 at 7:04 pm)Alex K Wrote: No, it needn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Void_(astr..._discovery

Quote:Voids are believed to have been formed by baryon acoustic oscillations in the Big Bang, collapses of mass followed by implosions of the compressed baryonic matter. Starting from initially small anisotropies from quantum fluctuations in the early Universe, the anisotropies grew larger in scale over time. Regions of higher density collapsed more rapidly under gravity, eventually resulting in the large-scale, foam-like structure or “cosmic web” of voids and galaxy filaments seen today. Voids located in high-density environments are smaller than voids situated in low-density spaces of the universe.[2]
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Void_(astronomy)#cite_note-2][/url]
What are you trying to argue with this quote, Atlas?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

AtlasS33 Wrote:Who created the void?

Hello, AtlasS33.  I appreciate the reasoning and ideas that you have put into your op.  With that said, out of curiosity,
if the void is created or formed, then is "agency" the only explanation?  Also, is it a tendency of the human mind to attribute agency to things that are beyond its understanding? Does reality conform to humanity's way of thinking?

The only void I know is the one between Dripshit's ears.
(April 17, 2017 at 7:38 pm)Alex K Wrote: What are you trying to argue with this quote, Atlas?

That voids are real; the empty space needed for everything to fall in place; the "Cosmic Web". If we take the void out, matter will never have a chance to fit in, things would rather "not be".

(April 17, 2017 at 7:44 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:
AtlasS33 Wrote:Who created the void?

Hello, AtlasS33.  I appreciate the reasoning and ideas that you have put into your op.  With that said, out of curiosity,
if the void is created or formed, then is "agency" the only explanation?  Also, is it a tendency of the human mind to attribute agency to things that are beyond its understanding? Does reality conform to humanity's way of thinking?

Hello Kernel;

If the concept of "creation" works from the bottom -i.e from earth to space all the way to the Cosmic Web-, then it does also work to up until the tip of the created entities.

Everything in our environment is created somehow: stars are born in dust clouds, the disturbance and coldness bind the atoms together somehow; the atoms are created in a different process; the binding itself is a creation, as we call it and understand it as "binding", maybe it doesn't look the way it does to another viewer.

It's always creation. Even if we neglect a maker, the phenomena gives birth to another phenomena. It's a recursive universe.
Reality is what we see. If we can understand the concept of a maker; understand the hierarchical stages of the phenomena; then it's a reality, at least in our context.
@Atlas

I don't know whether you understand the passage on Baryoacoustic oscillations you quoted, but it doesn't say anything about divine creation of cosmic voids, more like the exact opposite. It more or less explains how these voids arise simply because stuff clumps together from gravitation. Also, ir tells you that these voids are not magically empty places but have a lower particle density than the rest.

The problem with what you think 'must exist' is that reality doesn't necessarily always share your opinion.
(April 17, 2017 at 6:56 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: There's a void: Empty Space.

When somebody walks, the empty space gets filled.
Take the string theory, which states that multiverses does move and mix; given the right conditions.

In order for a bubble to move, empty space must exist.
Void must be present for the first bubble to fill the way to the second.

Who created the void?
We can throw excuses to what brought the universe into existence; but how do we explain the vacuum?

A God must exist out of the design, to make it come into existence. Infinite universes can just explain the knowledge of that God with every possible scenario.
We get tested in this instance. This slice.
He knows our future, being out of the string.

Yes, I'm in full agrrement with you. The Void is an awful, awful Voyager episode. I couldn't have put that sentiment better myself.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Religious Void John 6IX Breezy 55 4566 January 14, 2021 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey Void! Minimalist 28 5051 May 21, 2011 at 7:02 am
Last Post: Justtristo