Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 6:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arkansas has a drug problem
Arkansas has a drug problem
Quote:An Arkansas death row inmate who had been scheduled for execution Monday was temporarily spared after decisions from the US Supreme Court and Arkansas Supreme Court.
On Monday evening, Don Davis had been given what was to be his last meal at the Cummins Unit, the Arkansas prison that houses the state's execution chamber. As midnight approached, his fate remained unclear pending further court action.
Davis had been one of eight Arkansas inmates scheduled to die this month.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/17/us/arkansas-executions/

As a quick summary of the background..Arkansas can;t (for a host of reasons) get the drugs it needs to kill people.  They were forced to try their own homebrew.  One ingredient of which is a mystery to the state and the manufacturers..since no one in either camp seems to know where the state sourced the component or whom they sourced it from.  The other has a shelf life.  The executions were scheduled so as to get some killin in before the homebrew went bad, and particularly now that the suppliers of the chemicals they were using found out what they were using them for, and decided not to sell them any more.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: Arkansas has a drug problem
Hrm... what if they just stopped killing people?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
They went the other way with that one.  They were aiming for 8 scheduled executions in 11 days. That's brisk business.   Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
What home brew? I see midazolam (Versed), vecuronium bromide (Pavulon) and KCL. 

Lethal injection should have never been made a death penalty option. Trying to placate people that think putting people to death should not hurt, a kinder gentler whacking. There are better ways that don't involve medicine that can be painless.

BTW, not a death penalty proponent, waste of money opponent.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 18, 2017 at 8:46 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: What home brew? I see midazolam (Versed), vecuronium bromide (Pavulon) and KCL. 

Lethal injection should have never been made a death penalty option. Trying to placate people that think putting people to death should not hurt, a kinder gentler whacking. There are better ways that don't involve medicine that can be painless.

BTW, not a death penalty proponent, waste of money opponent.

i agree it's the most inhumane option it has been proven already people suffer from it. 
at best it's better to use cyanide if that and that is saying a lot better to me it's the  death penalty doesn't seem like a deterrent 
to commit crime and not to mention the wrong people on death row end up dying when they didn't commit a crime in the first place.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Dammit, Texas, they're pulling away! We gotta catch up, boys!

There has only been 6 US executions in 2017. I'll be happy when that number goes down to 0. Death penalty is only a small part of the problem of the US justice system though.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
If Steve Stephens was still available, he could shoot all 8 in the face . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Alabama's senate just voted to allow nitrogen gas as a mode of execution. It would be the third to allow it (I had known about OK, but apparently MS allows it now, too). 

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business...17879.html
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
The thing about Nitrogen is that your body doesn't react with any "bad symptoms" (except for the death part, of course). You just lose consciousness with 3 breaths, and then you die. No toxic residue like that from cyanide, no nasty smells from electrocution, etc. I'm not generally an advocate for capital punishment, except in very special cases...which must be proved unequivocally.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 992 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1230 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Trump was just advertising for a drug for COVID; he wasn't sick WinterHold 36 2309 October 17, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1656 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  White Americans are drug dealers and rapists.... Brian37 7 645 March 29, 2020 at 7:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Democratic Drug Den EgoDeath 50 3043 October 2, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Worst Drug Dealer EVER BrianSoddingBoru4 17 709 May 4, 2019 at 1:08 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Drug Executive: It's a moral requirement to charge patients the highest price Divinity 13 822 September 15, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Sessions Tells Prosecutors To Seek 'Most Serious' Charges for low level drug crimes Aegon 19 4237 May 12, 2017 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  4 double executions set for April in Arkansas. Jehanne 11 2587 February 27, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne