Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PBS Independent Lens: The Last Laugh
PBS Independent Lens: The Last Laugh
Interesting 90 minute documentary on humor and humor in some really dark dark circumstances.

Go watch it and come back, and we'll talk.

Thanx
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: PBS Independent Lens: The Last Laugh
Damn jews, always has to be about them. Why?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
um . . .

humor in and about concentration camps ??

There was some pedophilia humor too which was disturbed and disturbing. It was also pretty damn funny . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

There are other gallows humor eligible events. Just seemed the show had a definite slant. 

Sudan long pork franchise?

Ass cancer, that always cracks me up.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 4, 2017 at 9:09 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: There are other gallows humor eligible events. Just seemed the show had a definite slant. 

Sudan long pork franchise?

Ass cancer, that always cracks me up.

This is why I never really cottoned to the idea that there are some things people shouldn't joke about. On some level, I suspect it may be the only thing we can do about such harsh subjects. It's damn hard to actually figure out some way to ensure rapists are put behind bars without totally sacrificing due process and presumption of innocence, but it's actually a lot simpler to poke fun at the jackasses whose self-image is so warped that they think victimizing random people is the best way to do it.

(I'd link to the George Carlson clip about the guy who rationalizes raping a 90-year-old woman using the same tired arguments real rapists use to justify attacks on less ridiculous targets, but I'm using an iPad and knowing how much trouble it can be to embed a YouTube video even in a normal browser, it's even worse when your text size is fucking huge and you can't get to a YouTube link without it redirecting to the YouTube app. Being on the crapper certainly doesn't help.)
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Well, since A) I'm posting this on my laptop, which makes it a whole lot easier, and B) I just realised autocorrect screwed up George Carlin's name, here's that clip (the specific part I mentioned starts at 1:25, though before, he does give some insight into it):

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst last/surnames brewer 25 1732 June 30, 2023 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Favorite pictures for a laugh at everything else... EvolutionKills 18 2473 March 28, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The last vid my late mother and I agreed on Brian37 2 216 April 19, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Spell your last name please.... Brian37 9 1538 October 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  True story about local PBS programming. Brian37 1 499 January 18, 2017 at 11:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  GAME - when was the last time you ? ignoramus 22 1993 July 24, 2016 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: c172
  This made me laugh pgrimes15 3 908 January 8, 2016 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Famous last words (of Jesus) robvalue 110 15169 January 6, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your last Text.. Mystical 17 2173 November 15, 2015 at 2:10 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Try not to laugh Napoléon 12 2385 September 11, 2015 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut