Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugs Bunny
Bugs Bunny
Hi all,

When I went to high school I had buck teeth, and every one called me rabbit. Fortunately I had dental work done that fixed my teeth. But it was rather hurtful to have people pick out our faults. To me the devil is out to destroy lives, to constantly cause harm, whether it be through trying to pick our faults, and press them. Or to just ravage lives. 

I believe that God wants to heal lives, to bring rest peace and joy to people. I am also a person who believes that God will reach into any situation, to find the good in us. As a human I often look at the negatives, but God at the positives. The reason why each of us has breath is due to the fact that God still sees some good in us all.

So why the soppy story? Well I want to offer some thing. I believe God wants to be involved in each of your lives, no matter how strongly you feel he is not there, wrong, ignorant of you etc.

I have made some claims in some other posts that God has answered prayers that have been prayed. I want to reach out to you in some form of blessing. To pray that God would show his great love for you.

If you have any need in your life I ask you would you be willing to lift it up to God, to just see what he is willing to do for you. 

So just to get the discussion going is there anything that you think God would be please of in your life?
RE: Bugs Bunny
God is a fictional character, you may as well ask whether Homer Simpson would approve of last nights pudding choice.
The answer to that would be yes because we had donuts.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Cool. Now why should I care what you believe?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I see lots of "I believe" up there, but not even an attempt at "I can demonstrate" or "I have evidence". Work on that first, then we can talk about what your genie can do for me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 7, 2017 at 6:06 am)Cyberman Wrote: I see lots of "I believe" up there, but not even an attempt at "I can demonstrate" or "I have evidence". Work on that first, then we can talk about what your genie can do for me.

I actually have plenty of personal evidence, evidences that God has shown me. I know, not just believe. I believe if you are open God can show you Himself too.
(May 7, 2017 at 6:18 am)hopey Wrote:
(May 7, 2017 at 6:06 am)Cyberman Wrote: I see lots of "I believe" up there, but not even an attempt at "I can demonstrate" or "I have evidence". Work on that first, then we can talk about what your genie can do for me.

I actually have plenty of personal evidence, evidences that God has shown me. I know, not just believe. I believe if you are open God can show you Himself too.

Have you ever heard of confirmation bias? When you believe something like that, your mind looks for the things that reinforce that belief while disregarding stuff that do not confirm that belief.

Tell me why, when I truly believed, such things never happened?
Quote:So just to get the discussion going is there anything that you think God would be please of in your life?

Well, I butchered a family of Amalekites just a week ago, so I suspect I'm pretty high in the Divine graces. I've got rather a lot on at the moment, but the next chance I get, I'm going to find a kid who is being rude to his mum and kill him with rocks. If that doesn't lock down me path to heaven, I'm sure I don't know what will.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I believe life is a test, earth is fighting ground between humans and Devils.

Authentic religions which are labeled as the Abrahamic faiths, provide our guide through this battle. The devils can be seen in the faces of evil men, wagers of war, believers in sin instead of benevolence.

Claims without logic can't do good in convincing a logical mind; and cracked logic can't either. Satan is beaten more severely with a good authentic scientific,logical claim; not by speeches told by a Sheikh, an Ayatollah, a priest or a rabbi.

I agree though that God is close, answers the calls of any person who calls for him. 
Not Jesus; but God.
"When I went to high school I had buck teeth, and every one called me rabbit"
Why did your god give you buck teeth, seems cruel to me, like many other things he could fix but can't be bothered to do?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Quote:I believe life is a test, earth is fighting ground between humans and Devils.

And I believe that Margot Robbie's loins burn for me. This indicates the common disconnect between belief and reality.

Quote:Authentic religions which are labeled as the Abrahamic faiths, provide our guide through this battle.

All religions have an equal claim to authenticity. The Abrahamic religions are no more or less likely to be true than is the Serious Hat Sect Of Baconburg.

Quote:The devils can be seen in the faces of evil men, wagers of war, believers in sin instead of benevolence.

Men like Moses and Muhammed, you mean?

Quote:Claims without logic can't do good in convincing a logical mind; and cracked logic can't either. Satan is beaten more severely with a good authentic scientific,logical claim; not by speeches told by a Sheikh, an Ayatollah, a priest or a rabbi.

I would be delighted (and not more than a little surprised) to see you produce '...a good authentic, scientific, logical claim;' to beat Satan. Before you start, though, I recommend you look up what those words mean.

Quote:I agree though that God is close, answers the calls of any person who calls for him.
Not Jesus; but God.

This is what is known as 'self-delusion.' Innit funny how when people 'call for God', God always ends up instructing them to do what they were going to do all along?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson