Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her
How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her
I kid you not, she has seems to think the world revolves around her. She is very narcissistic to start. She brags about how she treats people like crap. Apparently she got her old job back as being a waitress and was talking about how she told a customer to shut up last night. And apparently she can't get fired at this place she works at. I really think karma is going to come back to get her pretty hard. Or there are instances where she talks about how at clubs she is getting is someone's face and telling them to shut up or something and everyone is cheering her. She also told her friend that she has a Bachelors degree, when she actually has an associates degree. [I was in the car with them]. As someone who is a year away from achieving that, this really bothered me. She is just very rude and obnoxious. And yet, whenever she is over my parents give her all the attention. She also is very disrespectful to me and my older brother. We aren't social butterflies like her, but since we don't act like she expects people to act she is snobby towards us. She brags about how everyone at parties want to hang out with her and such.

She is also really into fashion and wearing the latest trends. Me on the other hand? I have been wearing the same thing for the last 4 years. T shirt, tan cargo shorts, black socks and vans. However, one instance we were on our way to a family gathering; I got a bloody nose. She proceeded to notice I had some on my arm. So me being thrifty and there being no sinks nearby I just licked my finger and rubbed it off. My sister yells: DON'T DO THAT! THATS DISGUSTING!
Another instance at my grandpas funeral  she made my older brother cry at our grandpas funeral because she told him to stop putting flowers on our grandpas casket

I don't know, it is just really bothering me. She is 26 now. But growing up my parents had the approach that they should just let her do what she wants. Because they feared if they gave her rules than she would leave them and never want to talk to them again.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her
Being a parent with children ranging from 31 to 21 years of age I must not be judgemental. For all I know you are both selfish little bitches that did not know how to share a room!.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: How to deal with a difficult sister who thinks the world revolves around her
(May 14, 2017 at 7:20 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Being a parent with children ranging from 31 to 21 years of age I must not be judgemental. For all I know you are both selfish little bitches that did not know how to share a room!.

She has her own house, thank god! However, may I point out my parents bought that house and she is simply paying them for it? They are being her bank

(May 14, 2017 at 7:21 pm)It_Was_me Wrote:
(May 14, 2017 at 7:20 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Being a parent with children ranging from 31 to 21 years of age I must not be judgemental. For all I know you are both selfish little bitches that did not know how to share a room!.

She has her own house, thank god! However, may I point out my parents bought that house and she is simply paying them for it? They are being her bank
What your sister does impacts you and us how?

(May 14, 2017 at 7:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(May 14, 2017 at 7:21 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: She has her own house, thank god! However, may I point out my parents bought that house and she is simply paying them for it? They are being her bank
What your sister does impacts you and us how?

Fair enough. But this is when she is around us. In fact, we are going to the Caribbean later this week. So wish me luck with that endevour.

Quote:My sister yells: DON'T DO THAT! THATS DISGUSTING!

Have you tried, "GO FUCK YOURSELF" as a reply?
(May 14, 2017 at 7:25 pm)It_Was_me Wrote:
(May 14, 2017 at 7:24 pm)chimp3 Wrote: What your sister does impacts you and us how?

Fair enough. But this is when she is around us. In fact, we are going to the Caribbean later this week. So wish me luck with that endevour.

I have one brother and sister deceased. Petty squabbles are irrelevant now. I wish they were still around

(May 14, 2017 at 7:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:My sister yells: DON'T DO THAT! THATS DISGUSTING!

Have you tried, "GO FUCK YOURSELF" as a reply?

Being passive with people like this doesn't work.

Confrontation, telling them they're pissing you off, telling them they're wrong, and telling them to do, exactly as Mim suggested, are often the best ways since sitting down and talking rationally often don't work with unreasonable people.

When I was 16 I had a similar ego issue.  Fortunately I'm a (fairly) reasonable person and it took my father to tell me how things really worked in the world.
Dying to live, living to die.
Tell her to fuck off. And, mean it.

Don't overthink this.
She obviously has self image issues and wants to pretend she is more than she is. Generally she sounds not accepting of herself. Sounds like a sister that needs support and encouragement to become a "real" person that she can feel worthy of. Do you have no empathy for a sister that is struggling so?
Find the cure for Fundementia!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In her shag-at-sea grace.. WinterHold 23 1494 September 22, 2022 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 741 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  How to deal with crooked people onlinebiker 54 7452 January 22, 2019 at 3:19 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  a New Way to Deal with an Old Problem Rhondazvous 9 1342 June 13, 2018 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Unless she changed her username... Foxaèr 7 927 March 1, 2018 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Losty
  How would you deal with an annoying person? Axis 29 2904 February 23, 2018 at 2:21 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Does Anybody Around Here Have Any Dignity? laserthought 17 1565 August 17, 2017 at 6:11 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  How to deal with a crack head TaraJo 37 5758 August 16, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5652 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  How do you deal with anger? Macoleco 30 7257 June 25, 2017 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Astonished