Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Religion be taught in Prison?
Should Religion be taught in Prison?
I was helping a client who came through to me the other day to find vacancies and I stumbled upon a job offer from HM Prisons for a Muslim Chaplain, oh my non-existent god, the annual pay was £36,000 to £50,000 depending on experience. That's three/four times my salary and they're not what I consider to be consultants regardless of what they may tell you about supposedly 'reforming' Islam convert extremists (bullshit).

Can you imagine the burden this is having on the taxpayer? I thought these bastards were in prison to be, you know, punished, i.e. to serve a sentence, not to be radicalized and further their deep-rooted hatred for society.

And as for arguing for their rehabilitation? Let them rot for all I care. Anyone convicted for a foiled dirty-bomb/terrorist attack has essentially forfeited all their human rights in any case, I'd personally deport them with or without their bloody passports and ban them from entry into the country ever again.
RE: Should Religion be taught in Prison?
In the US, prisons are supposed to be for rehabilitation. It generally doesn't work out that way, but that's what they are nominally for. I don't know how you guys do it over there.

Also, most terrorists ( & Islamists in general) are brainwashed. Maybe they are trying to revert some of that?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
It would best if the student would afterwards never get out.
Religion shouldn't be taught in prison. Most likely, that's what got them there in the first place (a religion-fueled crime). I do agree rehabilitation is a waste. If you killed, raped, or committed some other serious crime, I think you've given up your rights.

P.S. What's always confused me: Why do they give 100+ year sentences? That makes no sense.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Absolutely not. A statistic said that approximately 92% of inmates are religious. Do we really want them to become even more deranged by teaching them the bullshit while incarcerated?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(October 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm)Chuck Wrote: It would best if the student would afterwards never get out.

Equally true of seminaries.

I think that should be a personal choice.

Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(October 1, 2010 at 2:56 pm)chasm Wrote: P.S. What's always confused me: Why do they give 100+ year sentences? That makes no sense.

To make sure witches and wizards serve their full sentence.
"God is dead" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Faith is what you have in things that DON'T exist. - Homer J. Simpson
In case a prisoner has so little to do with his time that he accidentally invents an elixir of life?
Definately religion shouldn't be taught in prison. If anything these chaplains -muslim or christian- who are trying to convert people in there are just taking advantage of people already in a desperate situation who're more likely to be influenced or just pretend to have "seen the light" for the sake of the parole board.

As far as rehabilition in prison goes... it's just a delusion. Prisons were created originaly to remove people from society without going through the hassle of having to justify an execution. They were designed as cages, not designed to rehabilitate, the idea of rehabilitation inside a prison is a fairly new one and i believe it's just an attempt at justifying the continued existance and creation of more prisons.
[Image: cassandrasaid.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what age should a child be introduced to religion? Fake Messiah 82 5573 July 4, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Right of freedom of religion should not be a human right Macoleco 19 1561 May 26, 2021 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10744 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4910 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19830 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Mudhammam 66 8387 April 22, 2015 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49343 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  Why should religion have any influence on our lives? MusicLovingAtheist 62 9138 October 12, 2014 at 2:18 am
Last Post: psychoslice
  Is Hell or Prison the best cure for immorality? Rabb Allah 99 12900 March 28, 2014 at 4:09 am
Last Post: My imaginary friend is GOD
  Should we respect Religion? Gooders1002 49 20256 February 10, 2013 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: ManMachine