Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was looking at daily birth/death statistics
I was looking at daily birth/death statistics
I cannot find a study earlier than 2011.

Estimated 2011

Birth Rate Death Rate
• 19 births/1,000 population • 8 deaths/1,000 population
• 131.4 million births per year • 55.3 million people die each year
• 360,000 births per day • 151,600 people die each day
• 15,000 births each hour • 6,316 people die each hour
• 250 births each minute • 105 people die each minute
• Four births each second of every day • Nearly two people die each second

Average life expectancy at birth is approximately 67 years. Sources: Population Reference Bureau & The World Factbook (Central Intelligence Agency)

http://www.ecology.com/birth-death-rates/

No wonder the earth is overpopulated. More people are born than people die.

People need to stop acting as though they're rabbits.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I was looking at daily birth/death statistics
More people being born than dying is required to keep society... you know... alive. More developed countries actually have a negative birth rate and it's a problem - that's what we call an aging society, where there are more and more old people and fewer young people. A society like that is becoming less functional because the amount of people capable of upholding it (as in: working) is constantly shrinking.

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think the Earth is actually overpopulated though, is it?
The planet is nowhere near overpopulated - theoretically we could have a population of 100 billion and still be stable. We're just really, REALLY fucking bad at utilising the resources we have efficiently.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Quote:Most contemporary estimates for the carrying capacity of the Earth under existing conditions are between 4 billion and 16 billion. Depending on which estimate is used, human overpopulation may or may not have already occurred. Nevertheless, the rapid recent increase in human population is causing some concern. The population is expected to reach between 8 and 10.5 billion between the years 2040[13][14] and 2050.[15] In May 2011, the United Nations increased the medium variant projections to 9.3 billion for 2050 and 10.1 billion for 2100.[16]

The recent rapid increase in human population over the past three centuries has raised concerns that the planet may not be able to sustain present or future numbers of inhabitants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
trillions and trillions are possible if we are eventually just to become brains in jars connected to the internet
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 27, 2017 at 4:08 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: No wonder the earth is overpopulated.  More people are born than people die.

The first does not necessarily follow from the second. If there had always been the same number of people who born each year as people who die, the world population will still be around 2.

AnomalocarisThe first does not necessarily follow from the second.   If there had always been the same number of people who born each year as people who die, the world population will still be around 2.
Big Grin
The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 5 characters.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I don't think there's anything wrong with those statistics, except I think there should be less stigmatization of those who don't have kids.

Well, really there shouldn't be any.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for free online platform? franzis 6 587 May 13, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  These are not the droids you' re looking for.... onlinebiker 10 541 August 12, 2022 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Road trip playlist - looking for suggestions Jackalope 20 1274 August 11, 2021 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Tunnel Vision, looking for the real life location. Brian37 6 516 June 9, 2021 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  These are the 50 best-looking nationalities, according to a new survey WinterHold 20 2073 July 6, 2019 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  September is the most common birth month. Losty 4 813 June 7, 2019 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: no one
  What's cooking, good-looking? Mr.Obvious 45 2423 April 3, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Looking into femine hygiene; do you . . . vorlon13 89 14841 October 31, 2018 at 11:38 am
Last Post: SaStrike
  Any photographers in Louisiana looking for work? popeyespappy 0 529 September 21, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Looking for a specific comic posted at AF Angrboda 2 403 May 24, 2018 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Angrboda