Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A poster about getting teens to get together
A poster about getting teens to get together
I saw this posted on my mail box today, and it's a laughable attempt at trying to promote teens to be social.
http://imgur.com/a/S6eGX
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: A poster about getting teens to get together
Image is not showing for me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
That's odd. It's sponsored by Planned Parenthood, so it's clearly not a Jesus retreat.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 8, 2017 at 11:48 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: That's odd. It's sponsored by Planned Parenthood, so it's clearly not a Jesus retreat.

I was trying so hard not to laugh, sorry for the censored address. I don't tell anyone outside of commence  on the internet where I live, I hope you understand. I was kind of confused on what message planned parenthood is trying to promote. If their trying to say don't have children, they don't need group actives. All they need to do is have some teenage mothers and fathers speak on stage. That will scare some sense into them and maybe avoid the harsh lesson, that having children very early life will ruin your life.

(June 8, 2017 at 11:45 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Image is not showing for me.

Did it work for you?

(June 8, 2017 at 11:58 pm)Sterben Wrote:     Did it work for you?

Yes, thank you for adding the link. Smile
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 8, 2017 at 11:58 pm)Sterben Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 11:48 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: That's odd. It's sponsored by Planned Parenthood, so it's clearly not a Jesus retreat.

I was trying so hard not to laugh, sorry for the censored address. I don't tell anyone outside of commence  on the internet where I live, I hope you understand. I was kind of confused on what message planned parenthood is trying to promote. If their trying to say don't have children, they don't need group actives. All they need to do is have some teenage mothers and fathers speak on stage. That will scare some sense into them and maybe avoid the harsh lesson, that having children very early life will ruin your life.
bold mine. 

This isn't necessarily always the case. Rob's mom had him when she was 14. She stayed in school as long as she could, worked two jobs, married the father of her son and continued to work hard to give him a good life. She raised a good guy. He's not always the most romantic guy, but he's hard working and he always signs up for overtime at work. She divorced his dad when Rob was little, but that's not to say that she did a terrible job at raising him. And before anyone asks - her mom helped some, but Rob was always his own mother's responsibility. 

I'm not for promoting teen pregnancy at all, mind you, but there are cases in which the children who are born to teens, turn out just fine. A young parent isn't always a shitty parent and I know plenty of parents who waited until later in life and they turned out to be shitty parents.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 9, 2017 at 12:09 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 11:58 pm)Sterben Wrote:        I was trying so hard not to laugh, sorry for the censored address. I don't tell anyone outside of commence  on the internet where I live, I hope you understand. I was kind of confused on what message planned parenthood is trying to promote. If their trying to say don't have children, they don't need group actives. All they need to do is have some teenage mothers and fathers speak on stage. That will scare some sense into them and maybe avoid the harsh lesson, that having children very early life will ruin your life.
bold mine. 

This isn't necessarily always the case. Rob's mom had him when she was 14. She stayed in school as long as she could, worked two jobs, married the father of her son and continued to work hard to give him a good life. She raised a good guy. He's not always the most romantic guy, but he's hard working and he always signs up for overtime at work. She divorced his dad when Rob was little, but that's not to say that she did a terrible job at raising him. And before anyone asks - her mom helped some, but Rob was always his own mother's responsibility. 

I'm not for promoting teen pregnancy at all, mind you, but there are cases in which the children who are born to teens, turn out just fine. A young parent isn't always a shitty parent and I know plenty of parents who waited until later in life and they turned out to be shitty parents.
        This is also a rare case as well, as far as people turning out to be shitty parents. This can happen to anyone younger or older; so you can't based on a stand alone argument. What you described is a general human behavior across the many society's, not a isolated one. So, I think they are trying to get the best possible results. Other countries have lowered their birthrates with the simple concept of "Enjoy your life as long as you can." The concept of love in a general sense is a fools notion, we can be content in the best we can hope for. Unless a set of rare circumstances has happen. I support anyone who does not want to have children; any means to stop the number humans from growing further then necessary is needed.

(June 9, 2017 at 12:09 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(June 8, 2017 at 11:58 pm)Sterben Wrote:        I was trying so hard not to laugh, sorry for the censored address. I don't tell anyone outside of commence  on the internet where I live, I hope you understand. I was kind of confused on what message planned parenthood is trying to promote. If their trying to say don't have children, they don't need group actives. All they need to do is have some teenage mothers and fathers speak on stage. That will scare some sense into them and maybe avoid the harsh lesson, that having children very early life will ruin your life.
bold mine. 

Shitty parents are just shitty people, and age isn't a primary factor there, but raising children is a huge responsibility and children shouldn't be burdened with such pressure (yes, 14 is a child as far as I am concerned). The parent might do a good job raising the child, but in order to do so, they most often end up sacrificing their own lives.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it me, or are the Trolls getting Dumber? vulcanlogician 17 1252 October 5, 2021 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: no one
  I'm getting drunk tonight Edwardo Piet 15 1364 April 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Joods
  Question the motives of the poster above! ignoramus 61 4872 November 19, 2015 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Video Getting Drunk on Jesus (Personal Story) Mental Outlaw 0 847 March 24, 2015 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Getting Buzzz....ted Autumnlicious 5 2038 March 17, 2011 at 12:44 am
Last Post: theVOID