Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:11 am

Poll: Are the trolls getting dumber?
This poll is closed.
In Science
50.00%
1 50.00%
Outside Science
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me, or are the Trolls getting Dumber?
Is it me, or are the Trolls getting Dumber?
What the hell is going on lately?

The days of Rik seem long gone.
Say what you will about Rik but you at least got the sense you were engaging the guy in a convo.
The past few trolls have been like... vacuous of any sort of ideas or intellect.
Is it me? Or are the trolls getting dumber?

You need to focus on line 2 & 3 of my OP, or else you are dodging.

edit-title
awty
RE: Is it me, or are the Troll getting Dumber?
They certainly don't seem to be trying very hard.

I really have to research Rik as he was before my time here.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

They've always been like this. Lil Rik was like this, too, though a reasonable person may have been new and naive enough to have thought otherwise.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 5, 2021 at 5:51 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: What the hell is going on lately?

Say what you will about Rik but you at least got the sense you were engaging the guy in a convo.
The past few trolls have been like... vacuous of any sort of ideas or intellect.

As a published epidemiological perinatal dementia therapist my consult finds you delusional. But as a lay atheist I know you cannever understand.

Next!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 5, 2021 at 6:07 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They've always been like this.  Lil Rik was like this, too, though a reasonable person may have been new and naive enough to have thought otherwise.

Yeah. You have a point. I do remember having fun with him... but the psychology of memory and bias may be at work here. I could be misremembering how dumb he actually was. He did make me laugh out loud, though. That counts for something. 

And I recall clearly having a discussion about free will with him. He started a thread on free will. I posited that his beloved Bhagavad Gita supposed determinism, and he retorted that I was misinterpreting it. That right there is a hundred times deeper than the most fruitive discussion one might have with Sheldon or MadJW.

(October 5, 2021 at 6:34 pm)brewer Wrote:
(October 5, 2021 at 5:51 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: What the hell is going on lately?

As a published epidemiological perinatal dementia therapist my consult finds you delusional. But as a lay atheist I know you cannever understand.

Next!

^^ dodging
^^^ lay person opinions
(x) Fuck all polls
(October 5, 2021 at 6:40 pm)Jackalope Wrote: (x) Fuck all polls

^^^ obvious czech Hehe
3.  You are both getting dumber.
^^^ my credentials are not at issue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A poster about getting teens to get together Sterben 8 2387 June 13, 2017 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  I'm getting drunk tonight Edwardo Piet 15 1367 April 16, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Joods
  Sometimes Trolls are awesome... SteelCurtain 102 10294 December 16, 2015 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
Video Getting Drunk on Jesus (Personal Story) Mental Outlaw 0 848 March 24, 2015 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Getting Buzzz....ted Autumnlicious 5 2042 March 17, 2011 at 12:44 am
Last Post: theVOID