Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson
I just learned that Michael Jackson had a skin disorder called vitiligo. It causes depigmentation of parts of the skin. When He came out to explain his skin color changes this was his statement:

'It is something I cannot help. When people make up stories that I don’t want to be who I am, it hurts me. It’s a problem for me. I can’t control it. But what about all the millions of people who sit in the sun to become darker, to become other than what they are. Nobody says nothing about that."

I want to learn more about Michael Jackson. Anyone have good info about this talented legend?
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

RE: Michael Jackson
He grew up Jehovah Witness but eventually broke with them.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I was never a fan of his music. Just never really got into it.

I was always more of a Janet fan.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
An oddity; despite spending quite a bit of time in discos in the late 70s/early 80s, and Michael Jackson doing quite a few very popular dance numbers, I don't have any recollection of ever hearing them except on the radio.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Well that disease usually only covers part of your skin so the rumors were that he bleached the rest of his skin so he wasn't spotted.

He also was accused of molesting children and I don't play that game so I don't listen to his music or like him.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
He had vitiligo, and instead of being a pop star with splotchy skin, he bleached his skin. My aunt has vitiligo, and while it's mostly on her arms, she has a spot on her face around her mouth. I can imagine Michael Jackson didn't want that.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 9, 2017 at 10:13 am)vorlon13 Wrote: He grew up Jehovah Witness but eventually broke with them.
Oh yeah, he used to go door to door before he left the religion.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

there are reliable reports of Prince doing that

(June 9, 2017 at 10:26 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: He had vitiligo, and instead of being a pop star with splotchy skin, he bleached his skin. My aunt has vitiligo, and while it's mostly on her arms, she has a spot on her face around her mouth. I can imagine Michael Jackson didn't want that.

I think it would have been great if he didn't bleach his skin to hide his splotchy skin. It would have helped people accept themselves. His nose surgeries were scary too. 
Nowadays, the ideas of beauty is more diverse because of stars that are practicing self acceptance. Amy Schumer and Meghan Trainer embracing their curvy figures. Beyonce wearing her natural afro. The diversity of people is what I think makes them beautiful. 
It reminds me of one of my favorite twilight zone episode was "Number 12 looks like you". 
At age 18 in a futuristic society every woman is to choose between 2 ideal beautiful looks. They undergo the surgery and come out looking beautiful, but all are exactly the same. One strong willed girl said she'd rather be ugly, and the story continues as she fights to stay unchanged. 
With plastic surgery and other body modifications today so many are looking the same and we loose our individuality.

maybe it's just me, but I found it very disturbing the accounts of his brothers having sex with 'groupies' in the same motel room Michael was staying in when he was a child

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for country music singers similar to Alan Jackson rado84 5 606 July 31, 2023 at 10:27 am
Last Post: rado84
  Michael Jackson - can you listen without feeling a bit "noncey"? Duty 7 403 December 14, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Peter Jackson's Newest Project... BrianSoddingBoru4 3 561 January 24, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37