Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: It's the final countdown.
Trump: It's the final countdown.
It has begun.

Robert Mueller is now investigating Trump for obstruction of justice -- among other thing I'm sure. According to several sources this is the case, and Mueller believes it is not a case of ones word over the other. It really shouldn't be too hard, Trump admitted incriminated himself on NBC by literally saying "even without the recommendation" he was planning on firing Comey anyways because Russia was on his mind, and getting in the way of his agenda.

Mueller Seeks to Talk to Intelligence Officials, Hinting at Inquiry of Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/po....html?_r=0
Quote:But this is the least of Trumps problems.
WASHINGTON — The special counsel examining Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election has requested interviews with three high-ranking current or former intelligence officials in the latest indication that he will investigate whether President Trump obstructed justice, a person briefed on the investigation said on Wednesday.
The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, wants to question Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence; Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency; and Richard Ledgett, the former N.S.A. deputy director.
None of the men were involved with Mr. Trump’s campaign. But recent news media reports have raised questions about whether Mr. Trump requested their help in trying to get James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, to end an investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser. Last week, Mr. Coats and Admiral Rogers declined to answer questions before Congress about the matter.
Mr. Mueller’s office has also asked the N.S.A. for any documents or notes related to the agency’s interactions with the White House as part of the Russia investigation, according to an intelligence official.

But this is the least of Trumps problems.
Quote:A former senior official said Mr. Mueller’s investigation was looking at money laundering by Trump associates. The suspicion is that any cooperation with Russian officials would most likely have been done in exchange for some kind of financial payoff, and that there would have been an effort to hide the payoffs, most likely by routing them through offshore banking centers.
The key I believe is unraveling what crime King Trump is trying to hide from investigators, that's the real story, forget about obstruction of justice. Besides, Trump is not going to get impeached by a GOP congress for mere obstruction.
RE: Trump: It's the final countdown.
(June 14, 2017 at 10:09 pm)DarkerEnergy Wrote: It has begun.

Robert Mueller is now investigating Trump for obstruction of justice -- among other thing I'm sure. According to several sources this is the case, and Mueller believes it is not a case of ones word over the other. It really shouldn't be too hard, Trump admitted incriminated himself on NBC by literally saying "even without the recommendation" he was planning on firing Comey anyways because Russia was on his mind, and getting in the way of his agenda.

Mueller Seeks to Talk to Intelligence Officials, Hinting at Inquiry of Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/po....html?_r=0
Quote:But this is the least of Trumps problems.
WASHINGTON — The special counsel examining Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election has requested interviews with three high-ranking current or former intelligence officials in the latest indication that he will investigate whether President Trump obstructed justice, a person briefed on the investigation said on Wednesday.
The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, wants to question Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence; Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the head of the National Security Agency; and Richard Ledgett, the former N.S.A. deputy director.
None of the men were involved with Mr. Trump’s campaign. But recent news media reports have raised questions about whether Mr. Trump requested their help in trying to get James B. Comey, then the F.B.I. director, to end an investigation into Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser. Last week, Mr. Coats and Admiral Rogers declined to answer questions before Congress about the matter.
Mr. Mueller’s office has also asked the N.S.A. for any documents or notes related to the agency’s interactions with the White House as part of the Russia investigation, according to an intelligence official.

But this is the least of Trumps problems.
Quote:A former senior official said Mr. Mueller’s investigation was looking at money laundering by Trump associates. The suspicion is that any cooperation with Russian officials would most likely have been done in exchange for some kind of financial payoff, and that there would have been an effort to hide the payoffs, most likely by routing them through offshore banking centers.
The key I believe is unraveling what crime King Trump is trying to hide from investigators, that's the real story, forget about obstruction of justice. Besides, Trump is not going to get impeached by a GOP congress for mere obstruction.

They can call all the special counsel they like, unless people are in the streets demanding that he be impeached, he will still be in office for the next four years. Save your money, cause the ship is going to rocky. Our best hope is for KFC to try to reason with him, outside of that we wait for that same chicken to have a bone that takes him out. Even then were screwed cause we get Pence, I'm less scared of him as well.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

As much as the sane majority want him impeached, it is not going to happen.

Those in government are too damn retarded to give their consent to impeach him.

(June 14, 2017 at 11:13 pm)Sterben Wrote:      They can call all the special counsel they like, unless people are in the streets demanding that he be impeached, he will still be in office for the next four years. Save your money, cause the ship is going to rocky. Our best hope is for KFC to try to reason with him, outside of that we wait for that same chicken to have a bone that takes him out. Even then were screwed cause we get Pence, I'm less scared of him as well.

From what I have been reading, Clinton would replace Trump if he was impeached.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
B-but... fake news?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Perfect for a fake president.

His own aides know what is coming.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/white-ho...l-counsel/

Quote:White House aides think Trump ‘shot himself in the foot’ by firing Comey and triggering a special counsel

Quote:Administration officials are reportedly trying to contain the fallout from the Washington Post’s report that the investigation has expanded to include possible obstruction of justice.
“Keep him away from Twitter, dear God, keep him away from Twitter,” one official told the Daily Beast.
“The president did this to himself,” that official added.
(June 14, 2017 at 11:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: As much as the sane majority want him impeached, it is not going to happen.

(June 14, 2017 at 11:13 pm)Sterben Wrote:      They can call all the special counsel they like, unless people are in the streets demanding that he be impeached, he will still be in office for the next four years. Save your money, cause the ship is going to rocky. Our best hope is for KFC to try to reason with him, outside of that we wait for that same chicken to have a bone that takes him out. Even then were screwed cause we get Pence, I'm less scared of him as well.

I could be wrong, but I think Clinton can only get the nod if the accusations of vote tampering bear out.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Clinton can only get the nod if the accusations of vote tampering bear out.

I am certain they will find some way of making certain it does not.
~ Erin Hunter
(June 14, 2017 at 11:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: From what I have been reading, Clinton would replace Trump if he was impeached.

That doesn't comport with Constitutional succession at all.

(June 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 11:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: As much as the sane majority want him impeached, it is not going to happen.

I could be wrong, but I think Clinton can only get the nod if the accusations of vote tampering bear out.

The Constitution doesn't say anything on the subject of tampering.

(June 15, 2017 at 12:02 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 11:14 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: From what I have been reading, Clinton would replace Trump if he was impeached.

That doesn't comport with Constitutional succession at all.

Considering that it gave us Trump.....
~ Erin Hunter
(June 15, 2017 at 12:02 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 14, 2017 at 11:59 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: I could be wrong, but I think Clinton can only get the nod if the accusations of vote tampering bear out.

The Constitution doesn't say anything on the subject of tampering.

No, but I could see the argument being made if enough votes were disqualified via tampering to shift the electoral college the other way. If it were to happen, the process would certainly be interesting and would probably give rise to a constitutional amendment to cover situation going forward.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1059 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36895 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Countdown to Impeachment! Jehanne 14 3905 May 28, 2017 at 6:22 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Trump summons final two SCOTUS nominees Cecelia 23 3269 February 3, 2017 at 1:22 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4121 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1680 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32