Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portugal: wildfire claims lives.
Portugal: wildfire claims lives.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40316934

This is a tragedy. At least 57 people found dead. With the high temperature and dry thunderstorm.

A shout out to my friends, the volunteer firemen and proffessional. I was a voluntary fireman for 7 years. Fought alot of infernos. Most of those people were trapped in their cars, trying to get out. 40 C, hot wind and lightning bolts.

I observe a moment of silence.
RE: Portugal: wildfire claims lives.
It was the main story on the ABC here is AU also.

Extremely sad.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 18, 2017 at 7:33 am)ignoramus Wrote: It was the main story on the ABC here is AU also.

Extremely sad.

People got surrounded by fire.. on their cars. Others were smothered by the smoke. My car and house roof have ashes upon them. I like wet thunderstorms, but there was no rain except over the Tejo river. Dry thunderstorms are bery prone to create wildfires. Dry weather + lots of combustible+ a spark shit....

I have fought fire before. With all the zombie fliks around, fire is mindless and you cant get in melee range of it.
Shit, LP. When I lived in San Diego California we had some serious wildfires so I know how scary they can be. But 57 people? Holy damn.

I hope everyone stays safe.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 18, 2017 at 9:01 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Shit, LP. When I lived in San Diego California we had some serious wildfires so I know how scary they can be. But 57 people? Holy damn.

I hope everyone stays safe.

They were driving in a line and got surrounded by the beast. I know the area, hills with many trees, hillside roads. My thermometer hit 46 C yesterday and I saw dry lightning. A dry thunderstorm is the worst thing.
I was treated for smoke inhalation as a kid after helping to put out a brush fire in the area.

I'll never forget those awful horse size pills !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Just heard about this tonight (no electricity for the last 42 hours). Stay safe.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
death toll over 60 now. Images on news tonite were shocking, incinerated cars on highway. Pretty clear they were death traps.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That's horrific! Stay safe, Poca!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Death toll increasing. Many victyms fell on the road. Damn its hot and dry. Perfect for wildfires. My car had ashes on it this morning.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Death Claims Another Foxaèr 11 395 February 23, 2024 at 2:24 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Nationwide A March For Our Lives Brian37 141 13546 April 9, 2018 at 10:26 pm
  Guess what? A "White Lives Matter" movement is coming. Foxaèr 9 1140 October 11, 2017 at 10:46 pm
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2163 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  Trump claims he kept Ford plant here. Brian37 51 6992 December 5, 2016 at 11:24 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  2016 Claims Another Victim BrianSoddingBoru4 5 805 November 30, 2016 at 7:30 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Iraqi Diplomat's Sons Suspected of Attacking Boy in Portugal account_inactive 4 774 August 23, 2016 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Black lives matter protestors block roads in the uk paulpablo 123 8543 August 10, 2016 at 2:21 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Zimmerman deserved to get punched, time to move on with our lives. Foxaèr 82 5839 August 7, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  It seems I'm not the only one wanting people to come visit Portugal! pocaracas 14 2969 February 22, 2016 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: brewer