Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The tough guy image within the GOP
The tough guy image within the GOP
Not sure I am the only one that notices this. But does it seem there are quite a few people who vote Republican and yet do whatever they can to show the world that they are tough? They do this by trying to be as manly as possible. Own as many guns as possible, own giant big trucks, hate gays, women and so on. However, according to a friend of mine who's an avid Trump supporter; it makes me a "wimpy" man just because I support things like LGBT rights, women's rights, gun control and oh my I care about the environment. 

Hell! If I had a dollar for every time I have been called a "cuck" or a "snowflake" on the internet I would be richer than Trump! LOL

Or another instance is my university at finals time has therapy dogs on campus. And many people's reaction is that we are snowflakes before this. Apparently some of these people never have taken a college final before. Therapy dogs are just awesome. Who doesn't love dogs?

By the way, I love guns!

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: The tough guy image within the GOP
Varying degrees of Steven Seagal Syndrome, I would guess.

Until there's a cure...Dunno
Masculine virtue signalling.  I find that it tapers off as the demographic gets older.  Keep in mind, you're talking about early twenty somethings at a meat market whenever you talk about your college campus.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've never had difficulty finding 'tough guys' who either wanted to fuck me in the ass, or wanted me to fuck them in the ass . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Bet they had beards.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:But does it seem there are quite a few people who vote Republican and yet do whatever they can to show the world that they are tough?

The sign of insecure little shits, everywhere.
(June 22, 2017 at 11:44 am)Khemikal Wrote: Bet they had beards.  Wink

sometimes they had beards all over . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Speaking as a non American. Trump does not look tough he looks like an old man trying to pretend he's tough.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

They're probably trying so hard to seem manly because deep down, they're insecure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2047 114227 5 hours ago
Last Post: no one
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 917 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9720 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2662 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1326 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1577 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1084 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2394 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 554 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 2950 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist