Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck You Kellie Leitch
Fuck You Kellie Leitch
Kellie Leitch oh queen of the" Canadian Values Test' (Xenophobe Values Test) recently posted this lovely comment about Syrian

Quote:A battered wife and a bloodied hockey stick. That's the legacy of Trudeau's Syrian refugee program. @CandiceMalcolm https://t.co/C8FbpwBBvF

— Kellie Leitch (@KellieLeitch) June 18, 2017

Yes Kellie let's forget the many people we have saved. The positive stories of Syrian refugees in Canada. And the fact this countries overall populous still has a problem with domestic abuse . This was a pathetic low blow . And it's time conservative party wakes up and shows you the door.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

RE: Fuck You Kellie Leitch
This is a fairly common ploy by people who lack basic human decency:  find an isolated incident, pounce on it like a starving lynx on a mouse, and use the broadest brush possible to make a point that doesn't exist.

It turns my stomach what happened to this poor woman - no one should be treated like that, ever, for any imagined 'reason'.  But to attempt to use this story to impugn Canada's refugee policy is both stupid and cruel.  The man in the story beat his wife savagely, and was punished for it under Canadian law.  Has it occurred to this fatuous nincompoop (Leitch) that if the couple were still in Syria, he wouldn't have been arrested, charged or convicted of anything?

Fuxxake.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
We need more information.

Are the folks running the program respecting the cultural diversity of the newcomers, or are they ignoring their program requirements for societal integration education ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: We need more information.

Are the folks running the program respecting the cultural diversity of the newcomers, or are they ignoring their program requirements for societal integration education  ??

Pretty sure regardless of culture assault is still assault in Canada

I'm not sure one asshole beating his wife is evidence of a systemic problem with integration

And it sure as hell not what Leitch is concerned with. Her campaign during the conservative leadership race made that clear.
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Several years ago, folks running a similar program in Nebraska failed to inform new immigres fucking children was prohibited.  Soon enough, several were arrested for fucking children and I have to admit, they believably protested they were never apprised to the contrary.  I might even concur they were noting items in the media that reinforced their cultural practices.

[Image: jonbenet-jonbenet-ramsey-31641439-549-768.jpg]

I'm not a big fan of setting people up to fail, or of laying booby traps to snare them when it is an easy matter to just not have the ensuing problem(s) in the first place.

I'd assert the folks believing they are qualified to run such programs damn well better be.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 2, 2017 at 6:07 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Several years ago, folks running a similar program in Nebraska failed to inform new immigres fucking children was prohibited.  Soon enough, several were arrested for fucking children and I have to admit, they believably protested they were never apprised to the contrary.  I might even concur they were noting items in the media that reinforced their cultural practices.

[Image: jonbenet-jonbenet-ramsey-31641439-549-768.jpg]

I'm not a big fan of setting people up to fail, or of laying booby traps to snare them when it is an easy matter to just not have the ensuing problem(s) in the first place.

I'd assert the folks believing they are qualified to run such programs damn well better be.

And you think this is such an incident .Rather then it simply being the case of one asshole beating his wife .

Inuit Proverb

I know it's difficult to imagine folks being sincere or pious in their religious beliefs when the overwhelming majority of US Christians are sufficiently lax in their commitment to Scripture as to render them indistinguishable from even the likes of me, but I assure you, the rest of the world does have folks who take their edicts, promulgations, rules, laws, strictures and commandments rather seriously.

From AnsweringIslam:
One of the more controversial issues in Islam is the Quran’s authorization for husbands to beat disobedient wives. This is found in chapter 4, verse 34. Additional references on wife beating are found in Muhammad’s traditions (hadith), and biographical material (sira). Many people have criticized Islam because of this harsh sanction . . .

So, if we want immigres to comport themselves to western standards of religious (un)fealty we should apprise them of such upon arrival. Or if that is deemed unPC, then where do the authorities get off when the entirely thinkable occurs ??

Yes I'm well aware of your first and second  statement .My point is was this a person following a religious edict. Or was this some douche who got angry and beat his wife fully aware of what our laws are. And as I said there is no evidence this is a wide spread problem. Nor any evidence that refugees have not been informed of the rules during the filtering refugees were put through .

Inuit Proverb

(July 2, 2017 at 6:21 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I know it's difficult to imagine folks being sincere or pious in their religious beliefs when the overwhelming majority of US Christians are sufficiently lax in their commitment to Scripture as to render them indistinguishable from even the likes of me, but I assure you, the rest of the world does have folks who take their edicts, promulgations, rules, laws, strictures and commandments rather seriously.

So, if we want immigres to comport themselves to western standards of religious (un)fealty we should apprise them of such upon arrival. Or if that is deemed unPC, then where do the authorities get off when the entirely thinkable occurs ??

I don't believe we have let off scores of people using "it's my culture" as a defense. Sure, a few cases have been able to get away with it using a sympathetic judge. That's part of our justice system - much like America, love it or leave it.

Do you propose stripping judges of their ability to grant or refuse leniency? Sounds a lot like the mandatory minimum sentencing that packed our prisons with drug users to the point rapists had to be granted early release (on good behavior) because the prisons were overfilled?

I've heard this before, whether it be dressed up in refugee boogeymen or "super predator" blacks using crack. Not falling for it.

Integration happens when people work together. Enforce the laws and let justice see to itself.

As a side note, I know some Muslims in tech. I do not believe any of them beat their wives nor even entertain the idea that some hadith said they could do it. They live in Silicon Valley as engineers. I'm rather pissed at the thought that your idea of Muslim involves the worst case grouping.

By contrast, we should perceive all Christians as David Duke-style fellows. Or like David Koresh.

Perhaps I was more influenced by this guy who feels he is put on trial for his religion:

How a Muslim doctor changed Minnesota minds - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/A499Yftv-R3yejI4Bopj2dg

Quote:He glanced at his outline and made the point that of course ­Islam has its zealots, and he condemns them.
“But that’s not what we’re talking about,” he said. “Because if you say, ‘That’s Islam,’ then that’s like me saying, ‘Well, Christianity is David Kor­esh,’ ” he said, referring to the cult leader.
He began pacing a bit. People were listening.
“Do you guys know who the LRA is?” he said, referring to the Lord’s Resistance Army, the cultish Ugandan rebel group blamed for the deaths of more than 100,000 people. “How many of you knew about that? I want you to raise your hands
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
There's that language again.

One religion's pious views another religion's pious as terrorists or zealots.

And then I wonder, are we adopting their vocabulary and judgments as prisms through which we observe other people and their ways of life ?

It's tough for me to shed that way of thinking, I was brought up Midwest strict protestant, my first impulse on so many things springs from church lady spinsters admonishing my Sunday school class about right and wrong and then I come home and get more viewpoint from dad who experienced it a generation before, and grandpa who got it a generation before that. As a kid I got an earful about the Catholics, and then I heard about missionaries getting murdered (and worse) for their efforts in foreign lands trying to make things better for the 'pagans' (bad) or 'wrong thinking' (way worse) people they encountered there.

And we are definitely getting a very distorted view of religious practice in the US and then assuming religious folks everywhere are similarly free to cherry pick and slacker their way through whatever faith they find most convenient. It don't work that way in many places. I'm confident most of these folks coming here and causing offense could easily pass a polygraph test regarding their sincerity of belief conclusively and not 1 in a 1000 US Christians could equal their scores. And those 999 Christians are writing the playbook we are expecting everyone else to follow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 423 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 2891 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 869 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Then Fuck God. Minimalist 10 1415 October 2, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: GUBU
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1241 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3058 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  SCOTUS Invites Republicunts To Go Fuck Themselves Minimalist 11 2185 February 6, 2018 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Senator Feinstein Says "Fuck The GOP." Minimalist 10 2153 January 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Fuck you Alabama NuclearEnergy 37 4344 December 13, 2017 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fuck You, Vladdy! Minimalist 11 1661 October 20, 2017 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama