Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medical advice
Medical advice
Hi,

like 4 days ago I suddengly got angry, and felt like a sudden pull/pain on the left side of my head. It left a headache on the left side of the head that I still feel. 

I am wondering if the pain will heal itself, or what happened? I think it was due to too much stress accumulated. I think it may be a "tension headache". Thoughts? I just want to be in peace.
RE: Medical advice
My medical advice is about as relevant as that of WebMD.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Demonic possession.

Time for an exorcism.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'm not sure I understand, did you get angry for a reason or did you get angry out of nowhere?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Was there anything that made you angry? Anger is quite normal and fine unless it is overwhelming or chronic?

Where was the pain in your head?

Had you taken any stimulants or depressives? ( alcohol, coffee?)

Do you take any other medications?

If you are worried, If you feel out of control, contact a medical professional as soon as possible.

EDIT: to add, if you are in crisis or feel that is imminent, phone an ambulance immediately.
I have tension headaches and have since I was a teenager. My headaches come with tunnel vision, sparkles in my vision, and severe pain but never any emotions. (other than wanting to cry of course) I can't tell you what happened but I can tell you it was nothing like the tension headaches I experience.

I will add though that if it IS tension headaches exercise is helpful. I just got done going to a physical therapist for mine and the lacrosse ball is amazing. You can use it against a wall to rub your back and shoulders which can help. Also stretching your shoulders, neck, and back help a lot too.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(July 6, 2017 at 5:02 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I have tension headaches and have since I was a teenager. My headaches come with tunnel vision, sparkles in my vision, and severe pain but never any emotions. (other than wanting to cry of course) I can't tell you what happened but I can tell you it was nothing like the tension headaches I experience.

I will add though that if it IS tension headaches exercise is helpful. I just got done going to a physical therapist for mine and the lacrosse ball is amazing. You can use it against a wall to rub your back and shoulders which can help. Also stretching your shoulders, neck, and back help a lot too.

Sounds like some of my migraine symptoms.

I also get what feels like a finger being pushed into my brain and the side of my face and my hands going numb.

Macoleco:  if the headache is that acute and that severe, I would seriously advise seeing your MD.

Not trying to panic you, it's probably something minor, but it's better safe than sorry.
Dying to live, living to die.
I just went to the doctor. It seems to be a tension headache due to stress.

I did not suddenly got angry. I just let my emotions take over me.
Glad you're okay. Hope yo feel better soon.
(July 6, 2017 at 5:50 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(July 6, 2017 at 5:02 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I have tension headaches and have since I was a teenager. My headaches come with tunnel vision, sparkles in my vision, and severe pain but never any emotions. (other than wanting to cry of course) I can't tell you what happened but I can tell you it was nothing like the tension headaches I experience.

Sounds like some of my migraine symptoms.

I also get what feels like a finger being pushed into my brain and the side of my face and my hands going numb.

Macoleco:  if the headache is that acute and that severe, I would seriously advise seeing your MD.

Not trying to panic you, it's probably something minor, but it's better safe than sorry.

Yeah mine aren't considered migraine because I'm not sensitive to lights or sound. People don't always know that migraines are not just severe headaches so sometimes if I don't feel like explaining that yes my chronic tension headaches are just as bad as a migraine I just tell them it's a migraine. lol

(July 6, 2017 at 5:52 pm)Macoleco Wrote: I just went to the doctor. It seems to be a tension headache due to stress.

I did not suddenly got angry. I just let my emotions take over me.

I'm glad you spoke with your doctor. I will tell you right now that after a decade of tension headaches, neurologist visits, a LOT of medicine, the best help is knowing your triggers and going to a PT so they can work out the tension. My PT taught me that it has to do with the stuff that surrounds your muscles and when it gets bunched up it can be painful and the only way to get it smoothed back out is by massaging it out. I went for 4 weeks to a weekly appt and half an hour was his targeting my tension spots and rubbing them out (massage is a deceiving word because it DOES NOT feel good- it hurts) and the other half hour was working on certain exercises that helped work out the tense spots. If you can try and stretch when you are in pain it might help. You don't want to depend on medicine for the rest of your life if these continue to pop up. I had to stop taking my meds due to pregnancy and I went an entire weekend crying because my head hurt so bad.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 550 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6231 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1087 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 3889 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13097 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Dating advice seandiggy 30 4468 October 23, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: J a c k
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5652 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Finding contractor(s) advice. brewer 24 5921 June 30, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye