Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dating advice
Dating advice
ok, so I am looking to gather some thoughts on dating/love etc...

I recently ended an 11 year marriage, long story...but in short, she was hardcore christian and I'm an atheist, we were looking to have kids and well, that in itself created enough of a catalyst to really re-evaluate "us"... now, I'm dating a girl, who is a christian, and knows very well I'm an atheist.  She is not pushy at a all and I greatly appreciate that.  I do like her, but I'm concerned that this may be unfair to either one of us or both of us to let it continue. I'm not completely sure of what to do, and well... looking ot gather some thoughts.  the girl that I was married to is nothing like this girl, and so it's not the same in that situation, but nonetheless, I could us some input.
RE: Dating advice
How about introducing yourself to the forum:
https://atheistforums.org/forum-11.html

As to your original post, I can't say that I'd be comfortable with someone who was a theist.....unless he was super hot.

Otherwise, there are some atheists on this forum who are married to theists.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:She is not pushy at a all and I greatly appreciate that.

The pushiness comes after marriage.
I was married for 10-11 years, too. Congratulations on ending it!  Big Grin
Feels good, man.

Anywho! Dating atheists has been very refreshing for me and I don’t think I could date theists, but! We have a few atheists here who are happily married to theists and seem to be doing just fine. To each their own, I say. Good luck!  Heart
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
You want to hear from Khem.  He's married to a xtian with whom he has FIVE kids.  Count them .. 5!  In general having kids is the catch for most mixed relationships.  Have you considered just not having kids?  Might be more successful.  Or, assuming your heterosexuality is just a choice, maybe try batting for the other team?
I've had same sex relationships with more than one guilt ridden Catholic man.

It can be fun . . . .

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Did he make you call him "Father?"
I'm not sure I see a question in there but there's a lot more to having a relationship than religious or non-religious beliefs. Is this really the only issue or is there something more but religion/ atheism is a convenient place to put your doubts about your relationship?

-Teresa
Married to a catholic. We make it work (even though she's a bit looney).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
seandiggy! You claim to have been a teacher, chemist, and now a physician. Obviously not a millennial. Why do you refer to your ex-wife of 11 years and current partner as girls?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Pill Dating Theory? FrustratedFool 143 6787 August 30, 2023 at 6:11 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 553 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
Music The best advice someone gave you. onlinebiker 65 6239 April 14, 2019 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The WORST Advice Someone Ever Gave You BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1089 April 14, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Last Minute Gift Advice Neo-Scholastic 28 3890 December 27, 2017 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 13098 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Medical advice Macoleco 12 3138 July 7, 2017 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Macoleco
  Some advice on how to deal with a "interesting" brother in law NuclearEnergy 21 5652 July 3, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Finding contractor(s) advice. brewer 24 5922 June 30, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye