Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little advice on a family matter please
A little advice on a family matter please
So my oldest sister and her husband had their 4th child this last Friday. (Congrats to them). However, their 3 other kids ages 5-8 stayed with my parents and are still there. And for the next week my Dad is going to be staying at my sisters to watch her 3 kids since they have to go back to school. Meanwhile, my brother in law her husband did get time off for this. In fact, he was given 2 weeks off with the option of coming back after a week. But to him this is just a vacation for him. Yesterday, he was watching football and so is he today. I think he's going golfing later this week. This just really pisses me off. Mostly because my parents are busy as it is with their own lives. I came up for two days to help with the grand-kids, but I had to go back down to school. (I'm in University). And I just know my sister is not going to show a single ounce of gratefulness for what my parents are doing for her because they hardly do. She and her husband tend to expect us to do things for them. Like I said, this makes me very angry and I really want to say something to them. I just don't know what, or even if I should. I understand, for my sister she will be recovering and having to spend lots of time with her newborn, I get that. But the fact my brother in law is exploiting this to just take a vacation instead of actually being a Dad.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: A little advice on a family matter please
Ah crap, looks she got herself a shit husband. Getting another kid was a mistake...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 27, 2017 at 4:22 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: So my oldest sister and her husband had their 4th child this last Friday. (Congrats to them). However, their 3 other kids ages 5-8 stayed with my parents and are still there. And for the next week my Dad is going to be staying at my sisters to watch her 3 kids since they have to go back to school. Meanwhile, my brother in law her husband did get time off for this. In fact, he was given 2 weeks off with the option of coming back after a week. But to him this is just a vacation for him. Yesterday, he was watching football and so is he today. I think he's going golfing later this week. This just really pisses me off. Mostly because my parents are busy as it is with their own lives. I came up for two days to help with the grand-kids, but I had to go back down to school. (I'm in University). And I just know my sister is not going to show a single ounce of gratefulness for what my parents are doing for her because they hardly do. She and her husband tend to expect us to do things for them. Like I said, this makes me very angry and I really want to say something to them. I just don't know what, or even if I should. I understand, for my sister she will be recovering and having to spend lots of time with her newborn, I get that. But the fact my brother in law is exploiting this to just take a vacation instead of actually being a Dad.

Don't do anything for your sister in future, and when she whines explain that it's because of her ungrateful and selfish attitude that you decided to no longer drop everything to attend to her problems.

Your parents will have to come to that conclusion by their own means.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(August 27, 2017 at 4:22 pm)It_Was_me Wrote: So my oldest sister and her husband had their 4th child this last Friday. (Congrats to them). However, their 3 other kids ages 5-8 stayed with my parents and are still there. And for the next week my Dad is going to be staying at my sisters to watch her 3 kids since they have to go back to school. Meanwhile, my brother in law her husband did get time off for this. In fact, he was given 2 weeks off with the option of coming back after a week. But to him this is just a vacation for him. Yesterday, he was watching football and so is he today. I think he's going golfing later this week. This just really pisses me off. Mostly because my parents are busy as it is with their own lives. I came up for two days to help with the grand-kids, but I had to go back down to school. (I'm in University). And I just know my sister is not going to show a single ounce of gratefulness for what my parents are doing for her because they hardly do. She and her husband tend to expect us to do things for them. Like I said, this makes me very angry and I really want to say something to them. I just don't know what, or even if I should. I understand, for my sister she will be recovering and having to spend lots of time with her newborn, I get that. But the fact my brother in law is exploiting this to just take a vacation instead of actually being a Dad.

Meh, good for him. Four fuckin kids now?  Probably needs a break.  Tell you what, just don't help with that - if it bothers you.  Don't overthink it or come up with reasons he's a baddy or she's a baddy, they're probably not.  Say to yourself "I don't want to help and that's why I'm not going to help".  That's nothing shitty or strange about you, either.  That way, you're doing what you want and not doing what you don't want and nobody has to rack their brain imagining ways that makes them or the other person shitty.

-which, in a big inter-dependent family, with a bunch of kids and a newborn....can make things shitty regardless of the truth of any assessment of self or any other.  You could all be a bunch of saints and still find reasons to go at each others throats.

/twocents.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I recommend that you don't do or say anything, or say very little and then only to your parents. This should primarily remain an issue between your sister, her husband and your parents. You may not like it but it's not your issue. Your parents need to be the ones to decide to stand up or not.  They are the ones being put upon, not you. 

I remember your brother in law sticking his nose in your parents business from a previous thread. Why should things have changed?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I have relatives (and some friends) a rational society would never have allowed to procreate without first taking INTENSIVE parenting classes.

Sorry to hear this isn't just peculiar to my life . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Every family has shitty relatives.

Your parents have to figure this one out for themselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Odd family sayings zebo-the-fat 12 836 August 10, 2023 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Expanding My Family ABQ505 10 1074 April 27, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 507 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25378 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7093 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Podcast recommendations please... arewethereyet 1 205 September 1, 2020 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Atheists reminds me of meathead from "All in the family" TV sitcom Lambe7 14 738 July 29, 2020 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1791 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Advice about patience Macoleco 4 549 March 26, 2020 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Happy Birthday, Ya Tough Little Ship!! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1233 September 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4