Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night
I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night
From an iatrogenic condition.

I had a headache all week last week. On Friday I felt dizzy so I pushed the little button they gave me to call 911. The ambulance came and took me to the ER.

They took some test and told me I was potassium deficient. Odd since I eat a banana every day. Then the man came in and asked me if I still had a headache. I did so he inserted Benadryl into the IV that was already in my arm. Almost immediately I started feeling funny. My throat became constricted and my mouth so dry that my lips were sticking together. I started shaking and it felt like my whole body was just shutting down. I tried to tell him but he wouldn’t take it out. When he left the room, I tried to take it out myself. He rushed back in and I insisted that he take it out. He took one of the tubes out but left one in telling me it was fluid to flush the Benadryl out of my body. I still felt faint like I would pass out. I’ve never passed out before. Some other men came in and they all tried to get me to relax and lay back. But I fought against losing consciousness as if my life depended on it.

The man had excellent bedside manners. But when he told me I would go on a trip, I got really scared. The men told me they were waiting for my heart to slow down. I felt like I was in a concentration camp surrounded by people who were waiting for me to die.

He finally told me I could go home my neighbor had come to pick me up at 1:30 in the a.m. I felt bad for giving the man a hard time when he w as trying to help me. But this morning I googled Benadryl. It’s an allergy medication for itchy skin. I couldn’t find anything about using it for migraines. Well, the headache is gone, but I still have these moments where I feel like a miasma is coursing through my body threatening to lose consciousness.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night
yikes !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I hope you feel better... Sad
That's pretty scary. I hope you get the help you need.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I hope you feel better.

Just for shits and giggles, I Googled it. Apparently, antihistamines can help migraines for some people. Maybe you have an allergy to Benadryl. My mother can only take the dye-free kind.
Thanks. I went to the store this morning and bought a bunch of foods high in potassium. i had bought some potassium supplements but when I removed the cap, the tamper proof seal was wide open, so I decided I'd better stick to foods.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

--Voltaire

A glass of orange juice has a lot of potassium, as well. Be careful not to overdo your potassium intake, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(July 10, 2017 at 1:38 pm)Fireball Wrote: A glass of orange juice has a lot of potassium, as well. Be careful not to overdo your potassium intake, though.

Too much of a good thing, huh. The RDA is somewhere over 4000 mg. I just ate an orange at lunch. store bought orange juice has so much sugar. I'm not diabetic but it runs in my family, so I have to be careful.

--Voltaire

Jeez glad you're ok!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Glad you're okay.

Don't feel guilty about giving the staff a hard time. That's their job and they're trained for it.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 561 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Friday the 13th Fake Messiah 8 419 May 13, 2022 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1672 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2168 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 716 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1100 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Signs you're close to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. no one 4 465 October 11, 2020 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  this may be it! Drich 64 5020 April 24, 2020 at 12:49 pm
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2643 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama