Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It is becoming more evidence that America will destroy itself from within
It is becoming more evidence that America will destroy itself from within
Take a look around you right now. There are people on the right who are doing anything they possibly can to rationalize Trump's collusion with Russia. It may not be confirmed, but there is an awful lot of evidence that suggests it. [Where there is smoke, it's likely a fire]Why is it if someone's candidate breaks the law their followers can't see this? I always thought the GOP was considered the party of patriots? People are so fucking polarized it's just sad. Wouldn't one want to ensure that no laws were broken in the first place if you were such a patriot you have claimed to be? I did not like Obama when he first ran. Hell, I even fell for the line that he was working for the terrorists and was a plant by them to steal America's secrets and destroy us. But guess what? I eventually warmed up the guy when 2012 came along and accepted that he actually is a pretty good president. He wasn't perfect, he has plenty of issues. I also believe that he could have done much better than he did. But he did quite well nonetheless. 

I am just baffled that people are more concerned with having power and not in the least disturbed that a foreign government attempted to sway our elections. I really just don't understand this. I just love it how several Trumpsters use the talking points such as "Well we meddle in other countries elections all the time" or "Well we should be friends". God dam it! Stop playing the naive card you dumb fucks!!! Putin is probably one of the most evil human beings on the planet right now. He wants to destroy the United States and bring back the USSR. How could you be so dumb? It's called reading a fucking book for once! Oh wait, never mind, Trumpsters don't know how to read unless it's a tweet.

Sorry for the rant. I am just so sick of all this garbage already.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: It is becoming more evidence that America will destroy itself from within
Being a historian takes all the fun out of a thread like this.
If 'Murica continues as it is going, the country will have no power over worldly matters whatsoever. The rest of the world will advance, some other country will replace 'Murica as the "greatest country in the world", and 'Murica will fall into absolute ruin and a third world state.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 13, 2017 at 11:25 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Take a look around you right now. There are people on the right who are doing anything they possibly can to rationalize Trump's collusion with Russia. It may not be confirmed, but there is an awful lot of evidence that suggests it. [Where there is smoke, it's likely a fire]Why is it if someone's candidate breaks the law their followers can't see this? I always thought the GOP was considered the party of patriots?
Who considers them patriots?  Perhaps we should consider the source...lol. Or maybe, consider that you are now appealing to the patriotism, integrity, and consistency of people who possess none of these qualities in any sufficiently measurable or efficaciously present amount? - and all of that is before we address their competency........

Quote:People are so fucking polarized it's just sad. Wouldn't one want to ensure that no laws were broken in the first place if you were such a patriot you have claimed to be? I did not like Obama when he first ran. Hell, I even fell for the line that he was working for the terrorists and was a plant by them to steal America's secrets and destroy us. But guess what? I eventually warmed up the guy when 2012 came along and accepted that he actually is a pretty good president. He wasn't perfect, he has plenty of issues. I also believe that he could have done much better than he did. But he did quite well nonetheless. 
Yeah, he'll go down as one of the greats despite being the Deporter in Chief, presiding over a deadlocked government, and our first (i'm guessing not last) Drone Warlord.  The bar...honestly, wasn't all that high.  Wink

Quote:I am just baffled that people are more concerned with having power and not in the least disturbed that a foreign government attempted to sway our elections. I really just don't understand this. I just love it how several Trumpsters use the talking points such as "Well we meddle in other countries elections all the time" or "Well we should be friends". God dam it! Stop playing the naive card you dumb fucks!!! Putin is probably one of the most evil human beings on the planet right now. He wants to destroy the United States and bring back the USSR. How could you be so dumb? It's called reading a fucking book for once! Oh wait, never mind, Trumpsters don't know how to read unless it's a tweet.
The last bastion of the guilty is -always- an appeal to hypocrisy.  

Quote:Sorry for the rant. I am just so sick of all this garbage already.

I feel ya, I was sick of it before it began. Nothing since has surprised me in the least. I knew why the trumpsters went the way they did, I knew what the trumpster himself hoped to do, and I knew that no silly little laws or notions of patriotism stood in the way of either of those things from either of those two parties. This whole thing was telegraphed.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 13, 2017 at 11:38 am)Khemikal Wrote:
(July 13, 2017 at 11:25 am)It_Was_me Wrote: Take a look around you right now. There are people on the right who are doing anything they possibly can to rationalize Trump's collusion with Russia. It may not be confirmed, but there is an awful lot of evidence that suggests it. [Where there is smoke, it's likely a fire]Why is it if someone's candidate breaks the law their followers can't see this? I always thought the GOP was considered the party of patriots?
Who considers them patriots?  Perhaps we should consider the source...lol. Or maybe, consider that you are now appealing to the patriotism, integrity, and consistency of people who possess none of these qualities in any sufficiently measurable or efficaciously present amount?  - and all of that is before we address their competency........

Quote:People are so fucking polarized it's just sad. Wouldn't one want to ensure that no laws were broken in the first place if you were such a patriot you have claimed to be? I did not like Obama when he first ran. Hell, I even fell for the line that he was working for the terrorists and was a plant by them to steal America's secrets and destroy us. But guess what? I eventually warmed up the guy when 2012 came along and accepted that he actually is a pretty good president. He wasn't perfect, he has plenty of issues. I also believe that he could have done much better than he did. But he did quite well nonetheless. 
Yeah, he'll go down as one of the greats despite being the Deporter in Chief, presiding over a deadlocked government, and our first (i'm guessing not last) Drone Warlord.  The bar...honestly, wasn't all that high.  Wink

Quote:I am just baffled that people are more concerned with having power and not in the least disturbed that a foreign government attempted to sway our elections. I really just don't understand this. I just love it how several Trumpsters use the talking points such as "Well we meddle in other countries elections all the time" or "Well we should be friends". God dam it! Stop playing the naive card you dumb fucks!!! Putin is probably one of the most evil human beings on the planet right now. He wants to destroy the United States and bring back the USSR. How could you be so dumb? It's called reading a fucking book for once! Oh wait, never mind, Trumpsters don't know how to read unless it's a tweet.
The last bastion of the guilty is -always- an appeal to hypocrisy.  

Quote:Sorry for the rant. I am just so sick of all this garbage already.

I feel ya, I was sick of it before it began.  Nothing since has surprised me in the least.  I knew why the trumpsters went the way they did, I knew what the trumpster himself hoped to do, and I knew that no silly little laws or notions of patriotism stood in the way of either of those things from either of those two parties.  This whole thing was telegraphed.

A common line I hear from the GOP is that they are patriots. They brag about it all the time.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
The party of patriots. Unfortunately some people seem to think patriotism means absolute loyalty to the government. As long as the president is a republican.

As for Russia, it seems all they did was help wikileaks find out the truth about Hillary. That's pretty mild, compared to what our government has done to other countries it thinks need "regime changes".
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(July 13, 2017 at 11:29 am)Lutrinae Wrote: If 'Murica continues as it is going, the country will have no power over worldly matters whatsoever.  The rest of the world will advance, some other country will replace 'Murica as the "greatest country in the world", and 'Murica will fall into absolute ruin and a third world state.

More likely 1st world with second world ambition and influence.  Think "no empire no longer", directly postwar UK, hopefully -without- all the bombed out buildings..though there's little effective difference between a growing rust belt and the blitz.

What "truth about hillary" might that have been..Chad? That her staffers loved risotto? "All they did" was engage in espionage, long distance electioneering, and targeted dizinformatzya. Which is fucking hilarious to me, on one level..because there's no end of shit to dislike Hillary for that -isn't- part of a pathological rightward hatred for all things Clinton divorced from that reality.

....and it;s sad that I have to quote my own damned self so quickly....

Quote:The last bastion of the guilty is -always- an appeal to hypocrisy.

Are you a traitor in actuality, or just in your heart?
(jk, ish...lol Wink )
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I mean, the US has supposedly 'been going to hell' or 'crumbling' or 'being torn apart' for centuries now. Recency bias is a big issue when it comes to things like these. Things in general for most topics in the US are better than they used to be. There are some problem areas sure, and there will always be crazy anomalies that buck trends for a little, but I certainly don't think that America is "destroying itself from within."
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Every country does espionage on every other country. They kind of have to. I forget all the details about the server leaks and stuff, but the stuff about what the DNC did to Bernie, and the private server that had almost no protections was pretty big. Big enough that it cost her an election that she and the DNC had to rig just to get her through the primary.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Funny, you think that -that's- what cost her the election...still?  Well, good on ya, comrade..for maintaining the Party line.  The russian beef is strong.  Wink

You foget the details but you're sure they're damning. Reminds me of about 46% of the american electorate.

All ribbing aside, the fact that the deciding vote in our last presidential election was, apparently, Putins...probably makes it such that the description of america destroying itself from within, insomuch as we may be, at least slightly innaccurate..though, as another poster pointed out in another thread - it took a willing candidate.

There have -always- been people willing to vote for such candidates, against their own interests, even and perhaps even -especially- in times of our greatest prosperity.  What made this instance different?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is America no longer a safe place for me to live? TaraJo 41 3963 July 16, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  America. Worse than North Korea. deepend 195 7626 March 26, 2022 at 2:05 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7633 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3165 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Make America Nice Again Secular Elf 53 3924 November 9, 2020 at 6:20 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] The Mental Illness Crisis in America T.J. 9 1150 August 19, 2019 at 12:03 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Anyone Else in America See Your Taxes Go Up? DeistPaladin 17 2371 April 12, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  ISIS is the Sauds. The Sauds own ISIS. It's America's cold war gift. WinterHold 15 6509 February 5, 2019 at 4:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2445 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37