Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12.9 million infants not vaxed in 2016
12.9 million infants not vaxed in 2016
Quote:New estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF have found that 12.9 million infants, or nearly 1 in 10, around the world didn’t receive any vaccinations in 2016. Consequently, these infants missed the first dose of the combined vaccine against diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP3), which are potentially deadly diseases.

The WHO and UNICEF findings, released online Monday, also found that about 6.6 million infants who did receive their first dose of DTP-containing vaccine didn’t complete the full, three-dose immunization series during that time.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/nearly-1...d-in-2016/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: 12.9 million infants not vaxed in 2016
I've long advocated full immunizations for all stock in our pediatric veal production facilities.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

CDC report: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/66/wr/mm6627a1.htm
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Ignorance is causing us to creep closer towards falling below the herd immunity threshold that;s protected ignorance all these years, in some areas and demographics it already has, particularly those areas where anti vaxxers ply their trade for profit. Good job first, doing no harm, assholes.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 17, 2017 at 4:27 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Ignorance is causing us to creep closer towards falling below the herd immunity threshold that;s protected ignorance all these years, in some areas and demographics it already has, particularly those areas where anti vaxxers ply their trade for profit.  Good job first, doing no harm, assholes.

Well, maybe.  But think how cute Junior will look when his smallpox pustules match the polka dots on his jim-jams.  Not to mention how much Mum and Dad will save on shoes when the little tyke contracts polio and can't walk.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That's possibly 12.9 million more available jobs in the future.
(July 17, 2017 at 7:21 pm)Court Jester Wrote: That's possibly 12.9 million more available jobs in the future.

Well at least we'd know that most of them would have grown up to be the kind of people who'd be anti-science, anti-evolution and whatnot. Interesting how it's actually evolution that's removing these parents' genes from the pool. It's win-freakin'-win. Yes, that is sarcastic hyperbole. Fuck those parents. If not for religion's anti-science campaign this bullshit would either not exist or be so isolated it wouldn't make the most obscure newspaper. The worst part is most of these fucking parents think their dead kids are in heaven so it's not even a bad thing, really, to them. They literally can't lose. And the ones who get arrested for negligence are fucking martyrs. Sickening. No one should have any reason to wonder why I am so fucking hostile towards irrationality.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 17, 2017 at 3:22 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
Quote:New estimates from the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF have found that 12.9 million infants, or nearly 1 in 10, around the world didn’t receive any vaccinations in 2016. Consequently, these infants missed the first dose of the combined vaccine against diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis (DTP3), which are potentially deadly diseases.

The WHO and UNICEF findings, released online Monday, also found that about 6.6 million infants who did receive their first dose of DTP-containing vaccine didn’t complete the full, three-dose immunization series during that time.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/nearly-1...d-in-2016/

Okay, I cannot in good conscience let a mention of the Diptheria-Tetanus vaccine go by without mentioning this:

Okay, in all seriousness, can anyone find the WHO report (specifically where they explained how different areas differed in how commonly they opted out of giving their children the medical care they needed to not get diseases?) Knowing what I know, I strongly suspect that the more Islam-oriented areas might be the biggest offenders, given that Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria are the only countries where polio is still endemic, two of them are almost exclusively Muslim, and the few cases to appear recently in the third were all in a majority-Muslim area with large problems with Boko Haram, I think it may be possible.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(July 18, 2017 at 12:35 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(July 17, 2017 at 3:22 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/nearly-1...d-in-2016/

Okay, I cannot in good conscience let a mention of the Diptheria-Tetanus vaccine go by without mentioning this:

Okay, in all seriousness, can anyone find the WHO report (specifically where they explained how different areas differed in how commonly they opted out of giving their children the medical care they needed to not get diseases?) Knowing what I know, I strongly suspect that the more Islam-oriented areas might be the biggest offenders, given that Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Nigeria are the only countries where polio is still endemic, two of them are almost exclusively Muslim, and the few cases to appear recently in the third were all in a majority-Muslim area with large problems with Boko Haram, I think it may be possible.

Ever read Hitchens' God is Not Great? Fantastic part about exactly that, and how the (Muslims in Africa) twisted it to get people to be afraid of polio vaccines.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 18, 2017 at 10:09 pm)Astonished Wrote:
(July 18, 2017 at 12:35 am)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, I cannot in good conscience let a mention of the Diptheria-Tetanus vaccine go by without mentioning this:

Ever read Hitchens' God is Not Great? Fantastic part about exactly that, and how the (Muslims in Africa) twisted it to get people to be afraid of polio vaccines.
Read it the day it came out. Well, technically a few days before because my local Books-a-Million got it a few days before its official release date and I bought it anyway. It's how I first learned about the whole fracas. At least it seems there's still a relatively sane majority of Muslims who consider vaccination a good thing (given that a majority of Muslim nations, even some of the more famously repressive, are polio-free); even in Pakistan, recent lab tests reassured the public the vaccine had only halal ingredients.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game changing face from 3.8 million years ago Fake Messiah 18 1481 December 22, 2019 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  99 million Year Old Bird Transition Found Amarok 14 5323 June 9, 2017 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Is there enough time for SPECIATION for million species drkfuture 11 6105 July 30, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Alex K
  100 extinctions per million species per year popeyespappy 1 1499 September 4, 2014 at 11:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Scientists: 100 million worlds may have complex alien life in our galaxy pocaracas 14 5220 June 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  100 Million Year Old Spider Attack thesummerqueen 8 4822 October 10, 2012 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: JohnDG
  Evolution, the Bible, and the 3.5 Million Dollar Violin - my article Jeffonthenet 99 55956 September 4, 2012 at 11:50 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Gorilla communication with infants frankiej 2 1177 June 21, 2012 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Two million year old boy popeyespappy 9 5052 February 2, 2012 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Two Million Year Old Whale Fossils Discovered in Driest Desert Erinome 11 4650 November 22, 2011 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Justtristo