Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl
Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...hes-a-girl

She played from the same tees as everyone else, and her score was allowed to count for her team--but not individually.  Which sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me.  What kind of rule is that anyway?
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
RE: Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl
This part is worth highlighting purely for the "some people are just awesome" aspect:

Quote:Meanwhile, the male athlete who was awarded first place offered to give his trophy to Nash, saying she had earned it.

She declined but said she appreciated the gesture.

"He came over and said he didn't win the tournament, that I did," she told WPBF. "It was really nice of him and respectful."
RE: Teen golfer placed 1st in golf tournament, denied the trophy because she's a girl
Total B.S.

I would ask for a refund for the fee's, if apparently I wasn't in the tournament.

Kudo's for the sportsmanship of the guy trying to give her the trophy though.   He's a bigger man, than those in charge.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
I didn't know golf was supposed to be a man only sport. Yeah, real manly to whack a tiny ball across a field. I can kind of understand football, because you're being body slammed by other people, but golf? Really?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

[Image: dr+mccoy.jpg]
Sufferin' jaysus. If they can treat a girl this badly in a golf tournament, imagine how bad it could have been if golf was an actual sport...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
The boys couldn't keep their putters out of the ruff. Yeah, that's why. Damn temptri.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I dunno, I can kind of understand. It's the boy's team.

If a boy joined a girl's sports team and won, and he got to go to the girl's championship instead of the girl who was second behind him, I don't think people would like it too much. Understandably. Isn't this a bit of a double standard?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(October 27, 2017 at 1:45 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: The boys couldn't keep their putters out of the ruff. Yeah, that's why. Damn temptri.

When I was coaching a JV hockey team they gave me a girl forward.  She was a good skater, not much of a shot but she was a good passer which was something of a joy to behold because all of the boys thought they were Wayne Gretzky and could go end-to-end on every rush.  She worked hard in practice.  Harder than the boys.  I wouldn't have minded having a couple of more. 

Funny incident.  I was standing on the skate sharpening line chatting with the coach of the team we were playing that night and one of the mothers from his team when Kim came walking by and said "which locker room, coach?"  I said "#3" and then saw the look on the mother's face.  I told her "it's a brave, new, world out there!"
(October 27, 2017 at 1:01 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I didn't know golf was supposed to be a man only sport. Yeah, real manly to whack a tiny ball across a field. I can kind of understand football, because you're being body slammed by other people, but golf? Really?

Those liquid filled golf balls contain a deadly poison and/or a terrible acid that can dissolve ANYTHING !!!

There is an element of danger to golf that is sadly underappreciated.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gorrilla Glue Girl onlinebiker 41 1488 February 22, 2021 at 7:01 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Louisiana cemetery 'sorry' after denying officer burial 'because he is black' zebo-the-fat 25 1483 January 31, 2021 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I can't believe she's so stupid as to say this out loud. onlinebiker 21 1391 January 10, 2021 at 10:55 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 393 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Donald Trump's wife says she "could be the most bullied person in the world" Seraphina 22 2735 October 14, 2018 at 8:09 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  This Moron Can't Even Run A Golf Course Minimalist 26 1299 October 10, 2018 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Maybe She Wised-Up and Left Him? Minimalist 21 2264 May 25, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Does She Get $130G Too? How About The Boinkee? Minimalist 10 1591 May 8, 2018 at 10:12 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Natalia, You Naughty Girl Minimalist 5 492 April 27, 2018 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Trump quits twitter because of "Trolls" WinterHold 6 837 April 1, 2018 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold