Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To our Muslim/Christian members & all faiths....
To our Muslim/Christian members & all faiths....
This video is our real history, not your personal club or religious hero or holy book. THIS is a documentary explaining the evolution of our planet. THIS IS SCIENTIFIC FACT in no need of any faith or any holy writing too explain. 

RE: To our Muslim/Christian members & all faiths....
Uh..be careful with being absolutely certain about anything. That documentary is 5 years old already - I guarantee you some things have been updated since then. I would say this is our best current model of the earth's history, to be updated as better information comes along.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 28, 2017 at 12:34 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: Uh..be careful with being absolutely certain about anything.  That documentary is 5 years old already - I guarantee you some things have been updated since then.  I would say this is our best current model of the earth's history, to be updated as better information comes along.

DUH, but even with any slight tweaks that may come up it is accurate.  Just like we still use physics for some things but QM physics has replaced it. Just like the Hubble is stronger than binoculars.

We do know that our planet formed from dust and rocks. We do know another large body slammed into it to make the earth bigger and split and formed the moon. We do know that it went through several stages, first a ball of molten rock, then later a frozen ball of ice, other stages too, but still a far better and more accurate explanation than old holy writings of any religion.

That is what scientific method does, it adapts when new data comes in. Religion merely survives through appeal and marketing.
[Image: donald-trump-2-this-is-fake-news-okay.jpg]

I can hear them already.
That was a very good job...much better than anything the big book of holy horseshit ever came up with.

I can see why Rupert Murdock and his gang of republicunt/jesus freak thugs had to take over National Geographic.  Can't have them out there doing science without talking about the stupid fucking god that morons insist is real.
Dude, we have facts, but they have 'alternative facts'. Tautologies are a bitch. So while they are basically cheating, they get to pretend they're not. Fuck 'em all.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
Looks interesting, I'll have to watch the whole thing maybe tonight.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(July 28, 2017 at 4:20 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Looks interesting, I'll have to watch the whole thing maybe tonight.

Join the dark side Luke....... We have cookies......MUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

All kidding aside, great to hear you'll give that a shot. 

If Youtube had posted the entire new COSMOS series hosted by Neil Degresse Tyson I'd link that too, but cant find it. I think Fox and the production company own the rights to that series and want to sell the CD series to make money.
Haha, I accept evolution and the big bang. I think it's really interesting actually and this looks like a good doc.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(July 28, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Haha, I accept evolution and the big bang. I think it's really interesting actually and this looks like a good doc.

Still better than being a YEC nutter. 

My mom was awesome with the COSMOS series. We were political opposites but with that 13 part series, no matter if we watched it together, or she was at her apartment and I was at home, she would call to remind me it was on, then I'd call her or she would call me when it was over. Boy did I enjoy doing that with her. 

Neil is da bomb!

I

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When we close our eyes are we "seeing" dark or do our eyes shutdown? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 2428 December 9, 2017 at 6:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Rank the top best scientists of all time. Of all time. [so far] Autumnlicious 28 9776 October 5, 2012 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope