Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 2:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do it yourself.....
Do it yourself.....
If you didn't notice my posts the past couple of days it is because my internet went out. It does this once or twice a year. But the good thing is since that one time my neighbor showed me how to fix it, I did the same thing just now.

It cuts out because of humidity and moisture and corrodes the tiny metal connections in the phone jack box. The good thing is all you have to do is remove the box put a new one in and simply strip the red and green wires to where they match up to the inside of a new phone jack box. 

But this time I bought extras so that when it happens again I can simply do the same thing without going to the store. It really is no different with a car battery. If the studs on the battery are corroded and your cables are corroded you wont get good metal to metal contact. 

So I am back up and kicking again.
RE: Do it yourself.....
welcome !
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 1, 2017 at 1:04 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: welcome !

I like shiny objects. NO SERIOUSLY when connecting wire connections you have to strip off the corrosion to get good metal to metal contact. Shiny is good. Not so good in theist apology though, but good thing to know in electronics.
as it turns out, even polarity on phone wires usually doesn't matter.

The only thing I've seen that had an issue with reverse connections was some office phones back in the 90s.

Hell, a local here that actually works for the phone company to my knowledge has never wired a red/green phone jack correctly. He does get it right on Cat 5 and Cat 6 . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I do have to give credit to the modem company that makes them. It is so weird, but the tiny connections on the back don't corrode  For some reason the phone wire will but not the place where you have your DSL line or phone line plugged into it. 

I abuse the hell out of that modem too. So much so it wants to put me on trial in Nuremburg.
In a perfectly designed universe, rust should conduct!
That way our products will become more reliable with age.

Theists? Anything to add?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 1, 2017 at 10:10 pm)ignoramus Wrote: In a perfectly designed universe, rust should conduct!

I am sure they have some pre packaged Ned Flanders justification.
Are you sure it's not caused by mini rust monsters?
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 1, 2017 at 10:38 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Are you sure it's not caused by mini rust monsters?

It was those fucking Keebler Elves! Sneaky fuckers too. The Woodpecker's Union has had a beef with them for decades.
(August 1, 2017 at 10:10 pm)ignoramus Wrote: In a perfectly designed universe, rust should conduct!

Electrical tape will protect the wires after they are installed or just put a little Vaseline on each conductor. My two cents worth.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8400 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Women: how do you define yourself? Foxaèr 11 1471 April 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 8881 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2415 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How many clones of yourself vs 1 gorilla? ApeNotKillApe 61 4374 September 24, 2016 at 3:56 am
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Do you consider yourself to be a nice person? Edwardo Piet 100 8992 September 9, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: Regina
  When you know something but can't justify it to yourself. Edwardo Piet 15 1888 May 29, 2016 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
Lightbulb Name 3 things you wish to change about yourself or life in 2016 *Deidre* 89 13802 December 31, 2015 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Sum Yourself Up In One Word. Edwardo Piet 151 10856 December 26, 2015 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What kind of home have you built for yourself here? Foxaèr 30 3652 October 29, 2015 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Mudhammam