Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:00 am

Poll: Are you a nice person?
This poll is closed.
Yes.
48.39%
15 48.39%
No.
51.61%
16 51.61%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
Quick poll.
RE: Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
I'm on guard with people, and I'm often not afraid to speak my mind, but only in a defensive situation. If I get to know you, and like you, I relax, and some people do regard me as quite nice.

But for the poll, I must say no.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Apart from our disagreements Alasdair, I consider myself to be an ok person who loves to help those who need help. It stems back from the days of when I couldn't go to school because of the snow, which reminded me about the pensioners and how they would get out to do their shopping in the same atrocious weather. So, in the few days I had off, I enjoyed clearing the path ways for those who were unsteady on their feet, and or, I might just do their shopping for them. I would still do this, even to this day should the occasion arise.
@ C172

You are a nice person. You're objectively wrong about your non-niceness Tongue
Generally yes, but I've grown a bit bitter, angrier and selfish over the past years
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Sorry to hear that.

I've only seen niceness from you.
I've gotten myself in far too much trouble for being too nice to everyone before. I've had to dial it back and become more selfish just so people would stop taking advantage of me. I also don't spend too much time on certain people anymore for the benefit of my own sanity. Otherwise, outside of my humor, I consider myself to be quite nice.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Nope. I'm a mean bitch and I know it.

I'll happily own that shit. When people start utilizing common sense and they stop pissing me off, I'll be a nicer person.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It depends on your definition of nice. I can be very nice to people who deserve it or need it, but I don't give it out like candy.
Pretty much everyone in my school consider me a nice guy, but I have done some mean things I should not have, but that was when I was even younger, now I'm more conscious about my actions and I have taught myself to never ever do such again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A person and a pet Foxaèr 8 509 August 19, 2023 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Save the best for last person brewer 23 1895 September 16, 2021 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The last person to post wins ! Leo34 13901 982504 May 13, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bill paying and automated vs real person on phone Brian37 36 1970 September 2, 2020 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  It’s Christmas so say something nice The Valkyrie 16 1714 December 19, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: no one
  Give the person above you a new username. Foxaèr 372 27276 June 22, 2018 at 2:22 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8394 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are the major qualities you like in a person and in what order? Edwardo Piet 31 5388 April 28, 2018 at 12:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Women: how do you define yourself? Foxaèr 11 1462 April 22, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If You Did Haz A Clone Of Yourself Identical Mentally *AND* Physically? Edwardo Piet 53 8871 April 5, 2018 at 2:21 pm
Last Post: robvalue