Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon vendors cheating.
Amazon vendors cheating.
As I understand it the vendors at Amazon don't get paid until an item is shipped. So what I've been seeing is a vendor will report an item as "shipped" when they create the shipping label for FedEx, UPS, etc. In some cases it's been six days between "shipped" and the "received" report from the shipping company. This is especially true with items coming from China.
RE: Amazon vendors cheating.
That's not uncommon in business. Once a shipping label is created (in many computer systems anyway) the pick up is scheduled with FedEx, UPS, etc. Items are considered shipped before they actually leave the docks. About the only time this could get sticky is around the end of a company's fiscal year when taxes, costs, and earnings can come into play based on the "shipment" and how financials changes hands. Even then, it's not a huge deal as long as things are properly documented and trackable on paper.
I haven't had any problem with Amazon.
I just received an item I ordered on Ebay and it arrived today in an Amazon box.

I suspect the Bilderbergers are running everything nowadays . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 30, 2017 at 2:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I haven't had any problem with Amazon.

I've never even bothered with eBay or any other site involving ordering something physical online (although I may order a sex toy from another site at some point). Amazon is just so freaking awesome.
(August 30, 2017 at 2:13 pm)Court Jester Wrote: That's not uncommon in business. Once a shipping label is created (in many computer systems anyway) the pick up is scheduled with FedEx, UPS, etc. Items are considered shipped before they actually leave the docks. About the only time this could get sticky is around the end of a company's fiscal year when taxes, costs, and earnings can come into play based on the "shipment" and how financials changes hands. Even then, it's not a huge deal as long as things are properly documented and trackable on paper.

Pretty much this. ^^^

The issue here is not so much that Amazon considers it shipped once the shipping information has been tendered by the seller, it's that the seller takes his sweet ass time actually getting the box on the truck.

Personally, when ordering from Amazon, I avoid third party sellers anyhow, because that's where approximately 100% of the fraud occurs.
(August 30, 2017 at 2:15 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I haven't had any problem with Amazon.

Apparently you've never faced "death by snu snu".
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 30, 2017 at 12:56 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: As I understand it the vendors at Amazon don't get paid until an item is shipped. So what I've been seeing is a vendor will report an item as "shipped" when they create the shipping label for FedEx, UPS, etc. In some cases it's been six days between "shipped" and the "received" report from the shipping company. This is especially true with items coming from China.

This is what deregulation and not enforcing anti monopoly laws gets you. A big corporation cheating? Does a bear shit in the woods?
(August 31, 2017 at 7:32 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 30, 2017 at 12:56 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: As I understand it the vendors at Amazon don't get paid until an item is shipped. So what I've been seeing is a vendor will report an item as "shipped" when they create the shipping label for FedEx, UPS, etc. In some cases it's been six days between "shipped" and the "received" report from the shipping company. This is especially true with items coming from China.

This is what deregulation and not enforcing anti monopoly laws gets you. A big corporation cheating? Does a bear shit in the woods?

Oh yeah. The regulations put in place after Black Friday frustrated the banks no end. It wasn't until they had finally bought a President they liked that they were allowed to once again play fast and loose with our money.
(August 30, 2017 at 5:41 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(August 30, 2017 at 2:13 pm)Court Jester Wrote: That's not uncommon in business. Once a shipping label is created (in many computer systems anyway) the pick up is scheduled with FedEx, UPS, etc. Items are considered shipped before they actually leave the docks. About the only time this could get sticky is around the end of a company's fiscal year when taxes, costs, and earnings can come into play based on the "shipment" and how financials changes hands. Even then, it's not a huge deal as long as things are properly documented and trackable on paper.

Pretty much this.  ^^^

The issue here is not so much that Amazon considers it shipped once the shipping information has been tendered by the seller, it's that the seller takes his sweet ass time actually getting the box on the truck.

Personally, when ordering from Amazon, I avoid third party sellers anyhow, because that's where approximately 100% of the fraud occurs.

(clears throat) As an Amazon seller, I would advise people to follow the stars. They are the life-blood of third-party vendors. Anyone can get into the game but not everyone can stay in it. Bad sellers don't last long because your account can be suspended if customer dissatisfaction is above 2%.

At the same time Amazon does some shady things. For some products I do FBA (fulfilled by amazon) which means that they warehouse and ship my products for me. That's how I qualify for Prime. Anyways, I became aware that one product line was defective and immediately put in a 'disposal order'. In my mind 'disposal' meant 'throw away'. Shortly after, I noticed that another vender was selling the exact same products. Amazon didn't throw away the defective goods, they sold them at a steep discount to a competitor who now sells the defective product.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strange things sold on Amazon Joods 7 1724 August 22, 2016 at 2:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Who else is pestered by amazon with let's go shopping? abaris 3 622 June 30, 2016 at 7:55 am
Last Post: abaris
  The best way to dump your cheating girlfriend Napoléon 219 22489 December 1, 2015 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Oh, wow, and no cheating. Foxaèr 52 5971 September 30, 2015 at 5:49 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Amazon is scary. Reforged 13 1994 September 25, 2015 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Reforged
  Cheating website hacked and customer data released. CapnAwesome 67 10099 August 20, 2015 at 6:21 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  Gene linked to infidelity/cheating found lilyannerose 7 3745 December 20, 2010 at 5:15 am
Last Post: theVOID