Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas terrorists help Harvey victims.
Texas terrorists help Harvey victims.
45 has remained silent now that Mexico has offered disaster relief. But lets not leave out the Arab migrants here. While Osteen waited for bad PR to say, "we meant to do that, but we were not asked". 4 evil ISIS loving Mosques in the Houston area didn't wait to be asked to open their doors to victims of the hurricane.

http://kfor.com/2017/08/30/houston-mosqu...-evacuees/

Now don't get me wrong here. Islam and the Koran like every religion worldwide should be open to criticism, ridicule and even blasphemy. But this still does not mean humans should use carpet bombing fear to hide behind. 

Our species still has compassion and empathy despite our differences and I will never presume the guilt of entire groups. I still stand by my position that religion is a horrible way to conduct political diplomacy. But I mean all religions, not just one. I still can value the empathy and compassion in my fellow humans and separate that from the claims they might make.

Islam didn't invent human cruelty anymore than they own a monopoly on it. I wills till value empathetic humans even if I don't agree that that empathy is being handed down to humans from above.
RE: Texas terrorists help Harvey victims.
We must find this invisible rabbit and stop it!
I get the feeling that those poor folks in Houston don't really give a shit about who it is helping them, or who it is they're helping. They're literally ass-deep in swamp and are just doing what people do when the shit hits the fan ... pulling together.

(August 31, 2017 at 12:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I get the feeling that those poor folks in Houston don't really give a shit about who it is helping them, or who it is they're helping. They're literally ass-deep in swamp and are just doing what people do when the shit hits the fan ... pulling together.

In the middle of all this social strife and division, it's been amazing seeing people not care about race or being democrat/republican. It's good to see humanity coming first.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 31, 2017 at 12:10 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I get the feeling that those poor folks in Houston don't really give a shit about who it is helping them, or who it is they're helping. They're literally ass-deep in swamp and are just doing what people do when the shit hits the fan ... pulling together.

Not right now no, but Houston is a majority liberal city so, not sure many GOP voters chose to use those mosques. It wouldn't surprise me if a few did, but I doubt any hard core far right did. 

As an atheist I can only speak for myself, I was in need and Osteens arena was the only place I could get to at the time, I would bite my tongue for the moment. 

No, I think in a moment of need humans should not give one fuck who lends them aid. I feel the same way about the doctors who helped my mom. One guy had that stupid picture of Jesus standing behind the doctor guiding his hands. I didn't say shit to him of course, I won't like about what I was thinking though, I did think "You better not be thinking about anything else if you cut my mom open." But I didn't demand my mom not have him as a doctor. 

If a Christian or Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist or Jew saves my ass, I am not going to give a fuck in that moment.
I don't think many in this sort of need would give a fuck about the faith of those who met their needs.

^^^ This ^^^

This is a time to set our differences aside and help people regardless of anything else. Those are all human beings in trouble out there and they need help.

I cannot personally offer meaningful help in person, however, my employer has started a disaster relief fund and I will be sending them a check.
(August 31, 2017 at 12:13 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

In the middle of all this social strife and division, it's been amazing seeing people not care about race or being democrat/republican. It's good to see humanity coming first.

It's too bad we don't seem able to do so as a nation when we have less urgent problems to solve.
(August 31, 2017 at 4:50 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:

^^^ This ^^^

This is a time to set our differences aside and help people regardless of anything else.  Those are all human beings in trouble out there and they need help.

I cannot personally offer meaningful help in person, however, my employer has started a disaster relief fund and I will be sending them a check.

Excellent post.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(August 31, 2017 at 12:13 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:

Give it time ... give it time. The Brian37s of the world are already circling, ready to make a point from atop a corpse.

'Twas ever thus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will leaving the state work in Texas brewer 19 905 July 13, 2021 at 6:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  NRA files chpter11 in NY in order to flee to Texas. Brian37 14 1121 January 16, 2021 at 5:42 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump Train runs Biden Bus out of Texas! WinterHold 18 1288 November 2, 2020 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Texas, NOW this is encouraging. Brian37 3 231 November 1, 2020 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Memorials to the victims of the COVID-19 Prof.Lunaphiles 4 398 April 20, 2020 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2355 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  And in Texas no less..... Brian37 7 925 November 11, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It Seems That Civilian Courts Don't Have Trouble Convicting Terrorists Minimalist 4 672 November 6, 2018 at 11:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Melania Trump says Sexual Assault victims shouldn't report unless they have evidence Divinity 116 11983 October 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Alex Jones being sued by parents of Sandy Hook Victims Divinity 26 3621 April 20, 2018 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Brian37