Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
[Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
Hello, I'm back. I just wanted to say, I appreciate all of the helpful advice you guys have given me, thank you for that. Shy  Now time to give an update on the situation.

So class went over by about five minutes. During these five minutes, I watched the girl watch a clock on her computer watching the seconds go by of overtime. I personally found this a bit odd, but whatever. So once class was dismissed, I was already packed up. I was just waiting for the perfect moment. She got up to leave and I was about to follow her, but my bag was stuck on the other side of the chair. I nearly flipped the chair over trying to heave all of my heavy belongings. Great, now she's 5 seconds ahead, gotta go fast. As soon as I exited the classroom I looked down the haul to see her exiting the second floor. I tried my best to go after her, but my small frame became slow carrying my heavy bags. I got to the door a little bit after she did and opened it. There was someone behind me, so I decided to hold the door open for them. Once I did that, I ran down the stairs as fast and safely as I could, to get to the building's entrance. She was about ten meters in front of me. I started to almost gallop to get to where she was, but not before holding this door open for the same person. I galloped more and more until I reached her position.

Me: Hey, how's it going?
( She double takes me before taking her earbuds out.)
Crush: Hey.
Crush: Good.
Me: That's cool.
Crush: Did you need me for something?
(She seems to be really attentive and good in our psychology class. Something else that I adore about her.)
Me: So I heard your majoring in psychology, my dad actually got his degree in psychology.
Crush: Oh, that's cool. Also, yes I am majoring in psychology.
Me: Yeah, actually I wanted to know how you got so good at psychology, and knowing all of the terms. Could you help me?
Crush: Oh, I studied over the summer.
Me: Really? How'd you study for something like this?
Crush: Oh, I uh, used flash cards.
(she stops walking and so I)
Me: Re--Re--Really? Flashcards don't uh, work for me that well.
(While I was delivering this sentence, she kind of gave me this awkward timid look with only about 50% of her body facing me, and looking at me with her head partially down. Keep in mind, I'm a bit taller than her.)
Crush: Well, there is this app called cram, and it really helps me to study for my classes.
Me: Oh, cool. Yeah this could really help me.
Crush: Good, glad I could help.
Me: Oh, by the way what's your name? My name is (my name).
( She hesitates for about 2-3 seconds before extending her hand.
Crush: And my name is _________.
(she then lit up with a smile and looked to be way more confident.)
Me: Well, I gotta get to my class, see ya.
Crush: Goodbye!
(I didn't dare to look back, but I wonder if she did.)

I felt I did terrible in this instance. Could some people rate on a scale of 1-10 of how well I did? I would also like new suggestions of how to approach her again, or if I should wait. Thanks. Shy
RE: [Update 1] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
About a 7 out of 10

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

She didn't stab you in the neck with her pen.

That's always a good sign.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Can't argue with that. Wink
You used my line "(by the way what's your name? My name is (my name)." I want credit.

Creepy uncle my ass!

Sounds like you did just fine.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 1, 2017 at 5:07 pm)spyrofannumber1 Wrote: Hello, I'm back. I just wanted to say, I appreciate all of the helpful advice you guys have given me, thank you for that. Shy  Now time to give an update on the situation.

So class went over by about five minutes. During these five minutes, I watched the girl watch a clock on her computer watching the seconds go by of overtime. I personally found this a bit odd, but whatever. So once class was dismissed, I was already packed up. I was just waiting for the perfect moment. She got up to leave and I was about to follow her, but my bag was stuck on the other side of the chair. I nearly flipped the chair over trying to heave all of my heavy belongings. Great, now she's 5 seconds ahead, gotta go fast. As soon as I exited the classroom I looked down the haul to see her exiting the second floor. I tried my best to go after her, but my small frame became slow carrying my heavy bags. I got to the door a little bit after she did and opened it. There was someone behind me, so I decided to hold the door open for them. Once I did that, I ran down the stairs as fast and safely as I could, to get to the building's entrance. She was about ten meters in front of me. I started to almost gallop to get to where she was, but not before holding this door open for the same person. I galloped more and more until I reached her position.

( She double takes me before taking her earbuds out.)
Crush: Hey.
Crush: Good.
Me: That's cool.
Crush: Did you need me for something?
(She seems to be really attentive and good in our psychology class. Something else that I adore about her.)
Me: So I heard your majoring in psychology, my dad actually got his degree in psychology.
Crush: Oh, that's cool. Also, yes I am majoring in psychology.
Me: Yeah, actually I wanted to know how you got so good at psychology, and knowing all of the terms. Could you help me?
Crush: Oh, I studied over the summer.
Me: Really? How'd you study for something like this?
Crush: Oh, I uh, used flash cards.
(she stops walking and so I)
Me: Re--Re--Really? Flashcards don't uh, work for me that well.
(While I was delivering this sentence, she kind of gave me this awkward timid look with only about 50% of her body facing me, and looking at me with her head partially down. Keep in mind, I'm a bit taller than her.)
Crush: Well, there is this app called cram, and it really helps me to study for my classes.
Me: Oh, cool. Yeah this could really help me.
Crush: Good, glad I could help.
Me: Oh, by the way what's your name? My name is (my name).
( She hesitates for about 2-3 seconds before extending her hand.
Crush: And my name is _________.
(she then lit up with a smile and looked to be way more confident.)
Me: Well, I gotta get to my class, see ya.
Crush: Goodbye!
(I didn't dare to look back, but I wonder if she did.)

I felt I did terrible in this instance. Could some people rate on a scale of 1-10 of how well I did? I would also like new suggestions of how to approach her again, or if I should wait. Thanks. Shy

Much, much better! 1 - 10? I'd say an eight or so. You got a name, a smile, and a little personal exchange. Good stuff.

I must admit, I did kinda cringe a bit when she started talking under the name "Crush." Even though that's what she is, to you, Tongue
That was pretty solid dude. I'd say it's going well for you Tongue

(And yes i have been lurking the other thread)
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
So far it's like in the movies. Now I'd expect her to be dating this Jock guy, but she actually likes you better but doesn't know it yet, but then there's a misunderstanding and you think she thinks you're stupid and embarassing, but in the end it all works out.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Flash cards, really? Tell her she can do better than that. It's called study buddies.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3656 195771 42 minutes ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 63 757 6 hours ago
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2258 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1104 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1087 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 912 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 512 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3528 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4