Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding The Flap Over Confederate Statues
Regarding The Flap Over Confederate Statues
Maybe they should be taken down and replaced with statues based on this image:

[Image: hurricane-harvey-harris-county.jpg?w=720&quality=85]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Regarding The Flap Over Confederate Statues
Then we'd just have the same racists complaining about "that statue of the n***** kidnapping two white kids".
(September 8, 2017 at 9:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Then we'd just have the same racists complaining about "that statue of the n***** kidnapping two white kids".

Man, that is so true, it's sickening.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
If it pisses off the racists, then 1,000 of the statues should be erected.

-Teresa
A lot of Confederate statues have fallen already. And some of the schools named after Robert E. Lee have undergone name changes. It will take some time but most will be gone.
How emotionally fragile does someone have to be to get butt hurt over a statue? With everything going on in the world, people go after the items that are apt to hurt them the least.
The snap back from the overly PC culture is going to get pretty nasty.
(September 8, 2017 at 9:21 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Maybe they should be taken down and replaced with statues based on this image:

[Image: hurricane-harvey-harris-county.jpg?w=720&quality=85]

Boru
There is a Hero to be saluted
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 8, 2017 at 11:25 pm)Court Jester Wrote: How emotionally fragile does someone have to be to get butt hurt over a statue? With everything going on in the world, people go after the items that are apt to hurt them the least.
The snap back from the overly PC culture is going to get pretty nasty.

Exactly. Neo Nazis and white nationalists need to focus on other things than getting offended at statues that show black men as heroes.

-Teresa
Quote:How emotionally fragile does someone have to be to get butt hurt over a statue?

Apparently so fragile that they drive a car into a crowd of people.
Quote:How emotionally fragile does someone have to be to get butt hurt over a statue?
Oh yes those emotional people who don't like the fact the local government  is venerating people who wanted to mandatorize the treatment of there entire race as chattel . Such whiners . Dodgy

Quote:With everything going on in the world, people go after the items that are apt to hurt them the least.
Right we should totally ignore this . And only focus on big issues . Because everyone knows a society can only focus on one thing at a time. Dodgy

Quote:The snap back from the overly PC culture is going to get pretty nasty.
Right this is all about PC culture Dodgy

And you call my accusations without substance Dodgy

(September 8, 2017 at 11:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Apparently so fragile that they drive a car into a crowd of people.

And to hold a march were  men chant slogans like "blood and soil "(implying only certain ethnic group belong in a place) and " you will not replace us"(implying white genocide nonsense)
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US people - is the confederate flag a symbol of racism? Duty 14 769 January 15, 2021 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Armed Black Protesters March Through Confederate Park The Architect Of Fate 26 1647 July 16, 2020 at 11:46 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Why Statues In The First Place? BrianSoddingBoru4 35 1639 July 1, 2020 at 12:01 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  regarding COPPA, is the FTC overreaching their authority here? Cepheus Ace 7 686 November 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  One Trump Loving Confederate Asshole Goes Down In Flames Minimalist 25 3006 November 8, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Little rant regarding the kneeling thing. Chad32 51 5349 September 10, 2018 at 10:14 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Franklin Township Ohio To Reinstall Confederate Monument A Theist 95 16381 October 2, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  Wall Street Bull vs Girl statues. Brian37 16 2676 April 3, 2017 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Wal-Mart bakes ISIS flag cake but not Confederate flag cake..? ReptilianPeon 35 9247 June 28, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus