Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Space Worm Conundrum
The Space Worm Conundrum
This one is primarily for the theists, but I see no reason not to open the question to atheists as well.

If you have a hard time with hypotheticals, you're gonna wanna sit this one out. If I present a hypothetical situation for your consideration, and your response is "But I know that isn't true," then you have utterly missed the point of the exercise.

Let's say we learned that the universe as we know it was in fact created, but the act of creation happened to be a little space slug taking a huge shit (or perhaps an infinitesimally small shit)?

When I say little space slug, I mean exactly that. Let's say the being that created the universe is a gooey little critter with feelers or something, and the Big Bang directly resulted from a shit that it took.

Would you consider that space slug to be god? Why or why not? If not, what qualities would that space slug have to have in order to qualify as god? Would you worship it?

If you never believed in the space slug, and then when you died it tortured you forever for not believing in it, would you feel the space slug was justified in doing so? Under what circumstances would the space slug be justified in torturing you forever?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
RE: The Space Worm Conundrum
All hail Sluggo the Space Slug.
Dying to live, living to die.
Well, the space slug has this book, see...😏
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
[Image: th?id=OIP.DE66J_TSQURw3J5nlHlpUgEsCo&pid=15.1]

Kneel before your gods !

Oh and

Whoever controls the spice controls the galaxy .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

The space slug would not be "God". I don't suppose I'd even consider it to be a god. It would be what it would be, a 'Big Bang' shitting little slug.
If you wanted to say that the slug would be "God" or a god, you'd have to tell me a lot more about the slug. But even then, I'd have to go
away and consider whether the name 'god' had any merit. First I'd have to define what 'god' meant. With the given data, 'god' would mean: a
'Big Bang' shitting little slug.

Magilla, (atheist).
There are no atheists in terrorist training camps.

I think all of you are taking space slug out of context . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Redbeard The Pink Wrote:. . . what qualities would that space slug have to have in order to qualify as god? Would you worship it?

Omnisliminess, obviously.

Worship it? No. I'm allied with the Antislug. All hail Table Salt!
(September 12, 2017 at 10:12 pm)Magilla Wrote: The space slug would not be "God". I don't suppose I'd even consider it to be a god. It would be what it would be, a 'Big Bang' shitting little slug.
If you wanted to say that the slug would be "God" or a god, you'd have to tell me a lot more about the slug. But even then, I'd have to go
away and consider whether the name 'god' had any merit. First I'd have to define what 'god' meant. With the given data, 'god' would mean: a

Magilla, (atheist).

So the fact that it created the universe does nothing for you. That's chill.

I'm mostly interested in how people define the word "god." As far as I can tell, they're pretty much all talking about fictional characters, but I'm interested to see what people say.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
(September 13, 2017 at 12:27 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(September 12, 2017 at 10:12 pm)Magilla Wrote: The space slug would not be "God". I don't suppose I'd even consider it to be a god. It would be what it would be, a 'Big Bang' shitting little slug.

Magilla, (atheist).

So the fact that it created the universe does nothing for you. That's chill.

I'm mostly interested in how people define the word "god." As far as I can tell, they're pretty much all talking about fictional characters, but I'm interested to see what people say.
People who post on internet religious forums usually consider "God" to be the Jewish Yahweh/Jesus deity of the Bible.
god??? Not until you tell me where the space slug came from. 

If you even try to tell me the slug exists independently outside of time and space then........... well......... Ima bite you!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video New video: space, time and anger robvalue 15 3024 March 6, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Eureka! Hubble Space TTelescope Finds Heaven Rhondazvous 56 10125 January 21, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: MTL
  God lives in space...? piterski123 11 2582 May 8, 2015 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Should one approach dogmatists in the pulic space? ReptilianPeon 14 2979 April 7, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Conundrum BoyWonder 60 23527 April 9, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  The Grail and the Canine Conundrum Happy UnBeliever 3 1571 December 5, 2011 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist