Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm already impressed by my new ISP
I'm already impressed by my new ISP
I got stopped in the street by another ISP and... I don't normally answer to advertisers in the street. But I thought to myself "Fine I'll hear them out and if their deal is really super good then what's the harm in changes anyways?"

I got told that I could basically get the same connection speed for less money. The things I'd lose out on is Add-Ons like "BT Sport" and stuff which I don't even use. I was also paying for a landline even though I don't have a landline.

When I first started with BT (my old ISP) I got told onthe phone, by email, by letter that an engineer wouldn't need to come around. One day I'm out and I get a note through the door from an engineer saying they were unable to install my modem because I wasn't in... and they would have to reschedule. Which was bullshit because I had been told repeatedly that an engineer didn't need to come around. Then I had to wait literally two whole weeks without the internet before I could get an internet connection!

Anyways, that was my old ISP a few years ago.

My new ISP... it's the same internet speed for less money. They literally contacted my old ISP for me to tell them that I was changing ISP so I didn't have to bother. Then a few days ago I get a brand new modem in the post... and a few hours ago my old internet and modem stopped working because my old ISP's service stops today. So, I literally plugged my new modem in and applied the password that came with it and I'm already using my new internet from my brand new ISP.

I'm very impressed and very pleased.

Oh and the new ISP is TalkTalk by the way.
RE: I'm already impressed by my new ISP
Now the true test is to see how long it lasts. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Yeah lol.

By the way though... I also lost internet connection about once a month with the last ISP. And the customer support it was like they followed a script. And the waiting lines were huge.
Yeah, I also used to lose my intimate connection once a month ... Now she's past it ...

What are we talking about again?

Shy
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skynet is already here. ignoramus 8 761 June 12, 2021 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Already want to change my name again Foxaèr 14 798 July 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Who was already judged in a court ? viocjit 25 1910 March 17, 2019 at 6:17 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our Robot Servants Already Attacking... Pyrrho 28 3200 February 12, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  I think I'm done here, already. Gambit 7 2086 July 19, 2012 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Self help for the already enlightened. superwoman20 4 1375 April 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope