Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions?
What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions?
...........and that he never said what is written in the Bible or that he judge you for the bad thing you may have done?  Think
RE: What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions?
I'd say "Okay then" and go on living my life. If he doesn't interact/affect the lives of humans or their after-death destination, then I don't think I'd care much at all. I wouldn't be an atheist anymore, as I'd have proof that a god exists, but I still wouldn't worship him or anything.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
RE: What would you do if you found out that God has nothing to do with religions?
I'd ask him to make an exception on judging and send you to hell.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

(October 6, 2017 at 9:53 am)Harry Nevis Wrote: I'd ask him to make an exception on judging and send you to hell.

Hmm, so you presume that there is hell, do you?
And how you got this idea Harry?
Oh, religions say so?

I would have thought that we leave religions out this time but no.  Banging Head On Desk

Any chance that you can leave religions out this time?  Thanks

(October 6, 2017 at 9:43 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I'd say "Okay then" and go on living my life.  If he doesn't interact/affect the lives of humans or their after-death destination, then I don't think I'd care much at all.  I wouldn't be an atheist anymore, as I'd have proof that a god exists, but I still wouldn't worship him or anything.

Ok, then.
Now suppose that God is your real father.
Forget the worship but would you say at least.........thanks for all father?

I mean.....suppose you have one son.
Would you like if your son ignore you?  I'm all ears!
(October 6, 2017 at 9:42 am)Little Rik Wrote: ...........and that he never said what is written in the Bible or that he judge you for the bad thing you may have done?  Think

First you must define 'god', this is a problem Christians have had from year dot. Ask ten Christians for a definition of 'god' and you'll get 130 answers. So now, negligible Rik, you have a go at it. Define 'god' in coherent falsifiable terms.

Get it right and world fame is yours.

Good luck
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(October 6, 2017 at 10:24 am)Succubus Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 9:42 am)Little Rik Wrote: ...........and that he never said what is written in the Bible or that he judge you for the bad thing you may have done?  Think

First you must define 'god', this is a problem Christians have had from year dot. Ask ten Christians for a definition of 'god' and you'll get 130 answers. So now, negligible Rik, you have a go at it. Define 'god' in coherent falsifiable terms.

Get it right and world fame is yours.

Good luck

Lucky, lucky me then.  Smile

My definition is that God is like the one who has been described in the thousand of NDEs.

1) He-she (God doesn't have sex nor a physical body although he can incarnate) doesn't judge.
You rather judge yourself as you will be able to see your past mistakes.
2) God is supreme spiritual love.
3) Hate is out.
4) There is only one God.
5) God is everywhere and everything is made out of God.
(October 6, 2017 at 10:44 am)Little Rik Wrote: My definition is that God is like the one who has been described in the thousand of NDEs.

I've had a near death experience years ago. I didn't die, obviously, nor did I see any light. I nearly died. Hence near death experience.

Personally I don't see anything spectacular about nearly dying. It's also known as barely surviving Tongue

what would you d if the opposite were true...

yours is easy to answer. Nothing, as nothing changes.
(October 6, 2017 at 10:46 am)Hammy Wrote:
(October 6, 2017 at 10:44 am)Little Rik Wrote: My definition is that God is like the one who has been described in the thousand of NDEs.

I've had a near death experience years ago. I didn't die, obviously, nor did I see any light. I nearly died. Hence near death experience.

Personally I don't see anything spectacular about nearly dying. It's also known as barely surviving Tongue

It is natural that not all NDEs experience God and that for a very good reason.
Why God would show up to someone who is not prepared to take advantage of such an experience?
Free will is there to allow people to do what they like with their lives.  Lightbulb

(October 6, 2017 at 10:49 am)Drich Wrote:

what would you d if the opposite were true...

yours is easy to answer. Nothing, as nothing changes.

You have to be very very careful to understand anything written in the Bible.
I am not saying that the Bible is all BS.
There may well be a lot of truth in it but the interpretation given by the various churches in most cases is wrong.
Different churches give the interpretation that suit their agenda.
Hell is out the question.
If hell would exist then God wouldn't exist.
A perfect entity like God can not possibly do mistakes and hell is there for those who do mistakes so hell would be to sort out God mistakes but because God can not do mistakes then hell can not exist and therefore the interpretation of the Bible given by religions is 100% wrong.
You also have to take into account that in those times those mystics that wrote the Bible lived in the desert so the strong sun may well have cooked their brains therefore their interpretation of the nature of God was defective.  Lightbulb

What would you do if you find out that you’ve never ever had anything to do with any creditable mental process in your entire lemantable and wasteful existence?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 5594 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 2958 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Theists, tell me, an atheist, why your God has neglected to show himself to me? ignoramus 75 24515 March 5, 2021 at 6:49 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What would you do if you found out God existed Catholic_Lady 545 77191 March 5, 2021 at 3:28 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1401 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1815 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2698 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2802 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3441 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 10934 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue