Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consumer confidence hits 13-year high
Consumer confidence hits 13-year high
http://www.businessinsider.com/consumer-...er-2017-10

Quote:US consumers haven't been this optimistic about the economy since the start of 2004, according to a survey conducted by the University of Michigan. 

The consumer-sentiment index registered a preliminary October reading of 101.1, a monthly report showed Friday.
RE: Consumer confidence hits 13-year high
I haven't actually bought anything except the necessities for more than a year.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 13, 2017 at 10:50 am)alpha male Wrote: http://www.businessinsider.com/consumer-...er-2017-10

Quote:US consumers haven't been this optimistic about the economy since the start of 2004, according to a survey conducted by the University of Michigan. 

The consumer-sentiment index registered a preliminary October reading of 101.1, a monthly report showed Friday.

Holy fucking shit...... FEELINGS do not prevent future bubbles, LAWS DO.

Because of Bush's bullshit we ended up with a triple crash car/housing/bank. 

I could give one fuck less how we feel, what matters isn't short term feelings, but long term LAWs that prevent recessions and depressions. 

FYI IDIOT, our recovery started long before 45 took office. 

Consumers feel? Yea and humans also once as a majority thought the earth was flat.

You certainly can feel good getting drunk too, but if you constantly drive drunk, eventually you will get a DWI or kill yourself or someone else.
I'm very glad American consumers are happy. Will sleep well tonight.
(October 13, 2017 at 10:50 am)alpha male Wrote: http://www.businessinsider.com/consumer-...er-2017-10

Thumbs up to President Trump for that one!!!!
It's been rising since 2011 according to that chart.
I suspect that in 2011, Donald was still watching girls get changed in dressing rooms and grabbing pussy.
Him and Weinstein have a lot in common, apart from Weinstein not having a taped confession.
And it means nothing about economic reality.

Con is in confidence.
Consumer confidence was also extremely high in the Summer of 2007.

Who recalls what happened in 2008?

But, by all means, keep crowing about this largely non-predictive metric.
(October 13, 2017 at 12:55 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Consumer confidence was also extremely high in the Summer of 2007.

Who recalls what happened in 2008?

But, by all means, keep crowing about this largely non-predictive metric.

Once again Beta distorts the fact . First this is  only preliminary  . The article says confidence among Republicans spiked while Dems fell. And even Republicans admit  they expect slow wage growth . Makes sense economist could declare" the end is near "and Republitards woulds still cheer their loon and chief. Their no evidence to suggest that if Clinton had won we would not get a mirror effect . And as Brian pointed out the enthusiasm of Trump fanatics does not good economic policy make . Nice try Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Person Of The Year BrianSoddingBoru4 15 592 December 13, 2020 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2363 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  New Year zebo-the-fat 5 757 January 1, 2020 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Among Matt Bevin's Pardons: Man who raped 9 year old girl Cecelia 1 401 December 14, 2019 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  T.I. takes his daughter to the gyno every year to check her Hymen. Divinity 48 3842 December 5, 2019 at 8:39 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  California ban on high capacity magazines declared unconstitutional popeyespappy 178 10307 May 3, 2019 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 545 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Consumer Protection Bureau - an oxymoron onlinebiker 5 710 February 8, 2019 at 7:33 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  This year in "sell more and do nothing" Brian37 19 1446 January 24, 2019 at 8:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Happy New Year! Dr H 0 211 January 9, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H