Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 3:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excuse your God
Excuse your God
I accept I am a sinner.

I accept I am corrupt.

I accept the Bible is true.

I accept Evolution is a lie.

I accept atheists are immoral.

I accept homosexuality is wrong.

Theists, please present peer reviewed evidence for any of these positions.
RE: Excuse your God
. . . left out divorce and attending church while on the rag . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

To be reminded of God, you should seek a reminder from God, and it's founder, and his successors who are coupled with it, and their hearts understand it as it meant to be understood. You should recite the book and read their interpretation, then reflect on the words, perhaps what is obscure will become clear, and the clear explanation will convince you.

The backward approach is the best approach, although, you may think it's not.

If you don't know and there is proof of God,  it's because you probably haven't searched the cure from the right place.  And if there is a right place, it probably is God's own words to be interpreted by hearts free from the dark sorcery just yells irrationally to doubt in God.

I don't know if my words bring people closer to God or further them from him.

I am not chosen to preach or anything, I just wish the only valuable purpose we been founded upon becomes manifest to a few of you.

I don't know if all my efforts are in vain, or if someone will search the truth as a result and find it.
(October 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: To be reminded of God, you should seek a reminder from God, and it's founder, and his successors who are coupled with it...

But what if the "reminder from God" is just a figment of our own or someone else's imagination?  How do we determine whether the founder and successors are authentic, or just deluded?
35 more saints today, but I suppose Moslems aren't buying Catholic reminders . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 15, 2017 at 3:54 pm)Astreja Wrote:
(October 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: To be reminded of God, you should seek a reminder from God, and it's founder, and his successors who are coupled with it...

But what if the "reminder from God" is just a figment of our own or someone else's imagination?  How do we determine whether the founder and successors are authentic, or just deluded?

That is an important question. And again a reminder from God and it's interpreters best hold those answers.

You don't know it's true before knowing it's true. But giving different books a try, and one of them might hold all the answers you were looking for and more.

The search for wisdom is good no matter what.  There is no harm in seeking wisdom.
(October 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: To be reminded of God, you should seek a reminder from God, and it's founder, and his successors .....
God has a founder! That is what I have been saying!!! Thanks for having my back MK!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(October 15, 2017 at 4:12 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(October 15, 2017 at 3:39 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: To be reminded of God, you should seek a reminder from God, and it's founder, and his successors .....
God has a founder! That is what I have been saying!!! Thanks for having my back MK!

The reminder of God has a founder. God doesn't have a founder. Thank you for trying to understand.
(October 15, 2017 at 4:09 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 15, 2017 at 3:54 pm)Astreja Wrote: But what if the "reminder from God" is just a figment of our own or someone else's imagination?  How do we determine whether the founder and successors are authentic, or just deluded?

That is an important question. And again a reminder from God and it's interpreters best hold those answers.

No, that's an extremely poor method to use.  What you have done is created a self-referential loop, calling upon an alleged god to demonstrate that the god itself is real.  It could easily be no more than imagination, and traditions based upon imagination.

Quote:You don't know it's true before knowing it's true. But giving different books a try, and one of them might hold all the answers you were looking for and more.

The search for wisdom is good no matter what.  There is no harm in seeking wisdom.

This may be difficult for you to accept, MK, but I'm actually not looking for any answers in a spiritual sense.  For instance, I'm not upset at the prospect of having a limited life span and then ceasing to exist.  I've had to confront death often enough (attending dying relatives and dying pets) that it's a natural part of life for me.
(October 15, 2017 at 4:30 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(October 15, 2017 at 4:12 pm)chimp3 Wrote: God has a founder! That is what I have been saying!!! Thanks for having my back MK!

The reminder of God has a founder. God doesn't have a founder. Thank you for trying to understand.

Your limpid god sure needs a lot of people reminding us of him! What a joke!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does your God Only Live in your Mind? Salacious B. Crumb 2 1635 May 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19363 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie