Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:11 pm

Poll: Who do you like more Mom or Dad?
This poll is closed.
Mom
18.18%
2 18.18%
Dad
27.27%
3 27.27%
Can't answer
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you like more Mom or Dad?
Who do you like more Mom or Dad?
Another dilemma thread? Just a lighthearted topic, don't get serious guys! 😆

I have got this question a lot of times in the past. Every time I got this question I always answer mom but deep inside it's dad. One time dad asked me who I loved more him or mom and I told him mom, I expected him to feel like "aw it's not me" but his reaction was "good that's the way it should be" so that's why I secretly like him more. 

He's like a silent ninja in the shadows doing work and not expecting any credit whereas mom has always been there for me, the good thing about mom was I could tell her anything. She was like a soft pillow that was always with me to catch me when I fell.

This is a tough choice but I'll go with dad! ❤️
RE: Who do you like more Mom or Dad?
Nope.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Not a tough choice at all. I was always closer to Da than to my mother. Don't mistake me, though. Mum was a wonderful person - smart, kind, funny and loving. I loved and respected her, but I idolized my father. He was without a doubt, the strongest bravest, wisest person I've known.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
My mom. Because dad was a selfish fuck who left before I was born.
Never liked either of my parents very much. Neither were around much growing up, and then saddled me with raising my sister on my own. My father was a sexist pig who's idea of affection was "I feed you, don't I?" and he was a pathological liar on top of that. My mother was an alcoholic, who would rather party and get drunk than come home.

If I had to choose, I guess I'd choose my mother.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
(October 18, 2017 at 2:56 pm)Divinity Wrote: Never liked either of my parents very much.  Neither were around much growing up, and then saddled me with raising my sister on my own.  My father was a sexist pig who's idea of affection was "I feed you, don't I?"  and he was a pathological liar on top of that.  My mother was an alcoholic, who would rather party and get drunk than come home.  

You're such a wonderful person Divinity Group Hug
(October 18, 2017 at 2:56 pm)Divinity Wrote: Never liked either of my parents very much. Neither were around much growing up, and then saddled me with raising my sister on my own. My father was a sexist pig who's idea of affection was "I feed you, don't I?" and he was a pathological liar on top of that. My mother was an alcoholic, who would rather party and get drunk than come home.

That sounds terrible. I'm sorry you went through that, Divinity.
A light hearted thread about parents on an atheist page? lol oh silly boo don't you know a good number of atheists aren't in good with their parents?
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
My parents were alcoholics, neglectful of emotional needs, and definitely played favorites with myself, brother and sister.

I couldn't get out of there fast enough, and did at 17. I have only recently developed a relationship with them. My dad remains distant and apparently expects me to commit all of the effort to maintain a relationship.

I like my Mom better, but frankly, if I were to move far away, I probably wouldn't miss either one.
Neither, both were horrible parents in their own ways.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mom is 102! Gwaithmir 20 1609 September 23, 2023 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  My mom would be pissed at me. Brian37 4 510 October 23, 2019 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 652 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My mom is dying, going to need an ear. Brian37 230 29611 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  As you age, do you find yourself becoming more or less irritable? Foxaèr 48 8407 May 4, 2018 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Which types of threads would you like to see more from me? Foxaèr 21 3344 April 21, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Things "you" post that "you" like Foxaèr 11 1977 March 24, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Cult My Dad Was In Edwardo Piet 10 1651 December 27, 2017 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Poll: Are you more or less emotional when you're completely alone? Edwardo Piet 11 1551 December 12, 2017 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Feldman's Dad and The Man in the Moon rexbeccarox 9 2501 October 19, 2017 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: brewer