Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mom would be pissed at me.
My mom would be pissed at me.
Sometimes I get brain dead and miss paying a bill. It really doesn't hurt me now, but even without being catastrophic, my mom was stickler about paying her bills on time, but while I do well, I was never as perfect 100% of the time like she was.

ANYWHO, this time it will cost me. I missed a payment on my home owner's insurance and found out it got canceled yesterday, so now I am going to have to go back to their office and start all over. Fortunately I have the savings to do it, but the balloon payment is a couple hundred dollars. DOH!

It isn't so bad with like cable or water or electric, they simply add that to the next bill, but don't cut you off unless you miss a few months. 

I know my mom would be yelling at me, "What's wrong with you?" Of course she wouldn't disown me, and she'd still love me. But she'd want to slap me upside my head. 

And actually, I've had this house almost 3 years, and never missed a payment till now. And even with my old house I had since 07 I also never missed a payment. Oh well, you live, you learn.
RE: My mom would be pissed at me.
I keep an Excel spreadsheet with monthly outlays. I haven't missed a bill in years, except when I was in the hospital. I review the sheet daily because I know my memory is
I married a woman who absolutely loves managing money.  Which for me is very, very good.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 23, 2019 at 9:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I keep an Excel spreadsheet with monthly outlays. I haven't missed a bill in years, except when I was in the hospital. I review the sheet daily because I know my memory is

i need to do something like that. It really is a habit thing. My mom would always pay every bill on the first of the month. 

I couldn't do that in my work life because i was low wage and could only pay bills as my paychecks came in.
(October 23, 2019 at 9:48 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(October 23, 2019 at 9:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I keep an Excel spreadsheet with monthly outlays. I haven't missed a bill in years, except when I was in the hospital. I review the sheet daily because I know my memory is

i need to do something like that. It really is a habit thing. My mom would always pay every bill on the first of the month. 

I couldn't do that in my work life because i was low wage and could only pay bills as my paychecks came in.

If you have office 360 or such I can email you a blank form with useful formulas already attached.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mom is 102! Gwaithmir 20 1607 September 23, 2023 at 7:44 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Wink Want to read about my mom?? Clueless Morgan 2 650 April 5, 2019 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My mom is dying, going to need an ear. Brian37 230 29582 May 13, 2018 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Who do you like more Mom or Dad? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 3380 October 19, 2017 at 10:55 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  What does your mom/grandma bake for you? mcolafson 24 2044 January 3, 2017 at 10:04 am
  Presumptive at mom's rehab.... Brian37 11 2244 August 24, 2016 at 9:07 am
  Ive lost all trust for my mom Socratic Meth Head 61 6191 June 2, 2016 at 4:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  My Mom is so cute. Brian37 6 1301 March 22, 2016 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4127 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Mom wont let me go to church trip ashbagashba 17 3628 August 7, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb